Where should my beardie sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently got a baby bearded dragon and have been told when it sleeps of a night i should move it to the heat mat as it sleeps places other than there, should i disturb it and place it on the heat mat or should i leave it where it falls asleep? :?:

orionshaft

you dont need a heat mat, a heat mat can actually burn the beardie because they cant tell if its to hot or not. as long as the temps dont get below 60 degrees your fine without it. Let it sleep wherever it wants.

scouseruk1210

Original Poster
ok so i should take the heat mat out, can you suggest a way of keeping the heat inside from dropping below 60 degrees? thanks for the quick reply

Do u keep your whole house below 60? Could move to another area of your home, or maybe put a blanket over the cage ...(away from hot bulbs) to keep the warm air in.

scouseruk1210

Original Poster
ok thanks,so to sum it up,i should remove the heat mat, let it sleep where it wants and always at night keep the viv above 60 degrees? thanks for all the replies :)

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
As stated before heat mats can cause burns so yes,please take the heat mat out. If heat is needed(temps fall below 60 degrees at night) a ceramic heat emitter can be used as this puts out heat but no light.My dragons sleep where ever they fall asleep if we are not at home. Most nights they are burritoed into their blankets and snuggled off to sleep.YES I do spoil my beardies.

scouseruk1210

Original Poster
ok the heat mat is officialy out of the tank,thanks for the advice people,hopefuly i can soon post pics of my beardie and learn a whole lot more from checking this site out :D

Before I even plan on getting a beardie I plan on doing a "test run" that way I can already have the viv set up do that the temps remain stable throughout the night and during the day. I can get the timer for the bulbs just right and the temps can remain the way they are. I fnd that preparing everythig thiw way can really help in maintaining a routine.

Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlameBeardie
Top Bottom