Where do you buy crickets from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I can't afford to be buying crickets anymore from Petco I'm thinking about buying 1000 crickets for 15 dollars from a site called healthycrickets.com. Does anyone know if this sites a good site to buy crickets from? I never ordered anything live from online before so I'm kind of a bit hesitant. Also how do you keep the crickets alive? I've been throwing in a slice of potato and the crickets seem to be doing just fine for about a week. I asked Petco what they suggested and they said oh you can just feed him mealworms instead of crickets thats what we feed ours! I looked at that Bearded Dragon that was eating nothing but mealworms and boy was he fat! But still looked pretty healthy he/she was active and alert and someone bought it when I was leaving.

Kuro

i buy my crickets and mealworms(mealies are for my leos not the beardies) from www.reptilefood.com and they have good prices i just got 1000 2/3" crix about a week ago for $12.60. there were a few dead but there usually always are.

to keep the crix i get alive aslong as possible i give them carrot or potatoe as their water source and the feed them a bit of flake fish food, old fashioned oats(not the quich/instant kind), and usually some of whatever greens i have in house for that i feed my beardies and they do well

william488

Juvie Member
Ive gotten my crickets from armstrongcrickets.com its like 22 shipped if I remember correctly for 1000. its like 6 bucks 2nd day air, or next day air is like 16bucks plus the crickets. Ive gotten crickets and suppers from them. Little to no dead on arrival, and super healthy little guys.

william488":1i9luunu said:
Ive gotten my crickets from armstrongcrickets.com its like 22 shipped if I remember correctly for 1000. its like 6 bucks 2nd day air, or next day air is like 16bucks plus the crickets. Ive gotten crickets and suppers from them. Little to no dead on arrival, and super healthy little guys.

Just got my first order from them this morning and all arrived alive and looked great.

I am looking to buy bulk crickets but living in ohio the temps are colder and they dont tend to do well in cold weather, But no one can gurantee that they will be shipped and arrive on my day off. Does anyone know if there is a company that will allow me to buy them and pick them up? My beardie is eating almost 50 a day and im not even sure that this is the right amount for him. Any help would be greatly appriciated! thanks in advance

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
I live in PA and we get our crickets ordered from Carolina Crickets.. we've got three shipments from them so far and all came good and no dead ones! I get a few dead ones as days pass but that's normal.. I think.. out of a shipment of 250 crickets I only had about 15 dead ones before Jango ate them all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom