Where did you purchase your Beardie from???

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulsmom06

I rescued my fatty from PetSmart 10 months and 1 day ago. He had been returned because he was "too small"; therefore, I got to buy him for $49.99- $10 dollars off since he was "used goods" :(
He was a little under 4 inches long:
2q87kfm.jpg

Little did those people know that in 10 months, he would be a 20 inch long mammoth. :D
e5pxzo.jpg

fav66b.jpg

He's the best thing that's ever been =]

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
paulsmom06":3ui332o0 said:
I rescued my fatty from PetSmart 10 months and 1 day ago. He had been returned because he was "too small"; therefore, I got to buy him for $49.99- $10 dollars off since he was "used goods" :(
He was a little under 4 inches long:
2q87kfm.jpg

Little did those people know that in 10 months, he would be a 20 inch long mammoth. :D

He's the best thing that's ever been =]
Used goods!?! Wow. Really glad I rarely have to go to pet stores. Mr Dargon was really small too he's almost 22 inches after 1 year and 9 months

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
I drove up to Knoxville Skins n Fins or Fins N Skins lol. Anyway, they only get theirs from private local breeders. Most of the time they will not sell baby babies which is good. When I got "nameless", he was 7 months old. They didn't even bring in the litter until they were that old. For a beginner like me, that was a dream come true. Because hes' a red morph and he was about 124 dollars I think it was. Hard to remember. I was so excited.

11ofclubs

I got two females from blood bank dragons.

Luna is a Hypo translucent leatherback and she was $700

IMG_0047.jpg

And Ramona is a hypo leatherback and she was $300

IMG_0048.jpg

I had an overall great experience working with barry from blood bank and the dragons are real quality dragons. I would definitely recommend you check them out. Sign up for their email list because they will send you the new dragon price list before it is released on the website. I believe that they were one of the first breeders to get to work with the dunner morph. Also check out Badass Beardies I have heard lots of positive things about them but I do not have any personal experience with them.

patrickmb21

Hatchling Member
Awesome. i got a leatherback from petsmart last week. and soon i want to get a dunner to breed with the leatherback when they get old enough. hes about a month old 8.50 grams
IMAG07041.jpg

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
I got my Nim from PetSmart where he was with four other dragons his size. There were prettier but mom chose Nim. And when I told the PetStore I wanted him he turned around like he didn't want to be bought! :lol: I love my silly lizard. Anyways, here is a picture. Its a few days old because he is shedding right now and is a little faded. My absolute favorite picture right now.
P7100011.jpg

I have no idea his lineage but he gets redder and redder with each shed.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
I've bought both of my dragons from Lynn at Carolina Designer Dragons. She is super friendly and helpful, and is very good at comunicating! She has detailed records of her babies' liniage. I reccomend them for having healthy, happy, beautiful dragons! She handles all her babies so they are calm and laid back when bought. Therefore, I introduce you to...

Coconut. We got him on sale at 148$ because he had a deformed back foot. He was calm and sweet, and might have been very red in the future, but he passed away from cancer shortly before a year old.
The day we got him (we got him at 4 months old)
39587_1582663657639_388613_n.jpg

Right before he got sick
40123_1582663977647_3385614_n.jpg

And now we have Toothless, who is actually the offspring of VERY white/pale parents. He was one out of two in the clutch who showed color, but we love him even more that way (we wern't looking for a leusistic at all, his parents just turned out to be :roll: ) He is super SUPER sweet and hasn't showed a single stress mark yet. Since we were return customers, and we loved Coconut so well, she let us have him for 175$ (was 200$) His grandfather is Lynns 'Morpheous", but his parents are Prada x Etro from Fairy Tail Dragons, making him Crystals' (Neosmom) direct clutchmate.

When we got him (8 weeks old)
Toothlessbeardieheader.jpg

and a few days ago
IMG_1844.jpg

His Parents
560968_4219593739243_1393431031_n.jpg

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Wow! Very beautiful! And I love that new owners info sheet showing the parents! I would have loved seeing my Norbert's parents.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Adopted Adult! :D

I know this topic is about breeders, so I should mention that my next beardie baby is likely to come from Capital Dragons. That being said, Myah was adopted at around 1yr of age from a lady that lived about 5mins away. Myah took alot of work, but that came with alot of reward. I don't know what I'd do without my 'second chance dragon' :D
I spent $100 for her and her set-up. I then donated her old viv and upgraded. Money well lost! LOL! (All worth it!) :wink:

jings55

Hatchling Member
Pet Basics Pet Store, but he came from a local breeder "Corder's Dragons". I paid $73, but spent much more as his predesessor from the week before, bought off of craigslist for $150 with 40 Gal tank, died. I have since learned who his parents are and their colors. He has potential!

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
I just received my new guy from Tundra Dragons yesterday. He's 7 months old and I don't have a new pic of him to show you yet, because he's in full shed and not looking very photogenic at the moment, but here's the pic I saw before purchasing him:

551121_402311849809881_1916657192_n.jpg

Charles, the breeder, also provided me with photos of his parents and grandparents on both sides. He's been great at giving me all the info I've asked for and then some. Plus he's been checking in via email several times since I received the beardie yesterday to find out how he's settling in. I can tell he really cares about the welfare of his dragons, even after they leave him.

So far he's doing great. I expected him to be really stressed from shipping, but he ate a ton of greens right out of the box and ate all the crickets I had on hand to feed him yesterday. He's fully explored his viv and really really seems to be loving his basking spot. I've got a web cam set up and I've been watching him all day from work today. I stayed home with him all day yesterday. He's very active when the lights are on, moving from his cool side to his warm side often, pecking at his greens, licking everything, and climbing up and down his basking rock. It's so great to have such an active beardie compared to how lethargic Clyde was before he passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom