where can i locate pheonix worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

XCrunner

Hatchling Member
my baby is skiddish on eating his crix. im sure its because of his uvb (getting new one tomorrow) and i hear good things about pheonix worms? where could i get some? im not thrilled about ordering a bunch from internet, to petstores carry them?

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
XCrunner":2436b said:
my baby is skiddish on eating his crix. im sure its because of his uvb (getting new one tomorrow) and i hear good things about pheonix worms? where could i get some? im not thrilled about ordering a bunch from internet, to petstores carry them?

Hi XCrunner,

Our paths are crossing a bit these days. :mrgreen:

We don't have any stores around us that carry them. That said, I've had good luck with ordering so far (only made one order however). I ordered 400 (4 containers/100 per). They are easy to keep, no feeding. Just keep in their container as per the instructions, and feed as necessary. They last a long time also. We've had ours over a month now, and have about 1/2 left, and they are still good to go. Best part is, beardie loves them. We use medium for our beardie who is 6-7 inches. PWs are very small. We still feed crickets, but PWs have become her staple. Speaking of which, it's feeding time!

I get mine here:

http://www.mulberryfarms.com/phoenix.htm

Also, here is a thread worth reading before you feed PWs, just for reference:

http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=98632&hilit=

Best of luck!

Em

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
The best place to get the phoenix worms are from phoenixworm.com
They all originate from the same source, so unless you intend on ordering other feeders (to save on shipping) then you should look into getting them from pw.com
They are much fatter and wigglier coming from pw.com - I've tried from other places..
Good luck!

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
NegativeCreep":0a01c said:
They all originate from the same source, so unless you intend on ordering other feeders (to save on shipping) then you should look into getting them from pw.com
They are much fatter and wigglier coming from pw.com - I've tried from other places..
Good luck!

Good to know for me too, negative creep. Maybe I'll try pw.com next time around, and experience the difference for myself. I haven't had any issues with the ones we ordered from Mulberry, they are plenty wiggly, but fatter can be good too. I have a growth challenged beardie who is now on the mend, and I'm quite sure she'd like 'em as fat as I can get them! :wink:

Thanks! :)

ronni1221

Juvie Member
NegativeCreep":c637b said:
Good luck!

He's right. No use ordering from a second source. PhoenixWorms is just going to ship them to your dealer who will ship them to you. Better to get them straight from Phoenixworms.com. Fresher and should be less expensive.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
ronni1221":7961e said:
NegativeCreep":7961e said:
Good luck!

He's right. No use ordering from a second source. PhoenixWorms is just going to ship them to your dealer who will ship them to you. Better to get them straight from Phoenixworms.com. Fresher and should be less expensive.

(bold mine) hee hee, I think it's "she's" :wink:

At any rate, this is excellent to know. I got the MulberryFarms referral here on the boards, but if going direct is better (and fresher) I will certainly try that next time... and the time is coming...

The best,
Em

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
diggerdrake":11b6f said:
$28 shipped from pw.com for 400 large

Good to know. I think I paid about the same from Mulberry (for mediums), but if they're fresher, then it's a better deal.

Question: do the large size last awhile? I seem to have read somewhere that the large size don't last as long??

Em

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
NegativeCreep":0dc26 said:
On the other hand, I am not really Negative, and I'm def. not a Creep ;)

LOL, I had to laugh when I saw that, because I always think that very thing when I see your posts...

She's doesn't SEEM negative or creepy, and she always gives good advice...? :dontknow: :mrgreen:

The best,
Em

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
mulberry farms stopped carrying the large pw since their life is a bit shortened but I got the 400 from pw.com and they are going on 3 weeks and almost gone to the beardies. when I tried ordering from mulberry their price was great but the shipping added an extra $20 to the order. shipping will kill you for a lot of stuff yet some things are impossible to find other than online. especially any decent quantities.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Embee":b22ab said:
NegativeCreep":b22ab said:
On the other hand, I am not really Negative, and I'm def. not a Creep ;)

LOL, I had to laugh when I saw that, because I always think that very thing when I see your posts...

She's doesn't SEEM negative or creepy, and she always gives good advice...? :dontknow: :mrgreen:

The best,
Em

Aww! Thanks! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom