where can i buy the following worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well havent loggd on forra while,,but ive been wondering where to buy certian worms.. i alredy lnow where to buy superworms and meal worms.. but the followin still have me clueless..??

!.reptiworms/calci worms.

2.pheonix worms

3.silkworms

..and also

1. any type of roach

2.are any beetles okay?

reason bieng i want to spice up my beardies diet a little.. hes been of crickets forra ehile and occasionaly some super and mealies..

thank you

nate :)

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Reptiworms and Phoenix Worms are the same thing (as are Calci-worms, though those shouldn't be used as a staple). I buy my reptiworms straight from Reptiworms.com and have never had a problem with my order. I bought 5000 the first time, but they started dying off, so I went with 2000 last time, and that seems like a more reasonable number to get me through the month. :)

Silkworms, I bought from Mulberry Farms. I also bought supers and dubias from there; all came alive and in good health, and I've still got the supers and dubias (Wave didn't like the silkworms).

I would recommend, however, buying roaches (and supers, if you wanted to buy them at the same time) from Beardeddragon.co, the new store run by Rio Reptiles/Yellow Room Reptiles. Great service, great prices, and ultra-fast delivery. And if there are any problems, I know they would make it right. :)

Beetles have a lot of chitin in those hard exoskeletons, so I'm not sure about those - have to wait for one of the real experts to come along and help you with that one, but hopefully the above links help you get started. :)

lIFEkILLS11

Original Poster
thanks for the help ... now im left with more questions ;o haha umm how can i take care of the worms to make sure they wont die off.. 2000 sounds like alot where can i keep them housed? wat to feed them etc?

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
With reptiworms - don't feed them anything! ;) They'll survive for two or three weeks, I believe, at room temps; I keep mine at 50 degrees (mini fridge), and they stay alive around a month, some a bit longer. I just leave them in the containers they come in.

Silkworms, I only had 25, and just kept them in a plastic container with chow on the bottom. That's the hassle with those, they have to eat mulberry leaves or a mulberry-leaf-based chow, so that's a bit of a pain. I was glad I didn't have to mess with them again, frankly...

I keep my roaches in a Rubbermaid container. They need things to hide in - egg flats or paper towel tubes work well! - and feed them like superworms - fruits and veggies, potatoes or carrots for moisture, crushed dog/cat food for added protein... If you put it in there, they'll eat it! So they're easy to gutload and make nice and nutritious for your dragon. :)

Reptiworms are the most expensive, but require zero care once you get them, so that's a bonus!

Vermundor

Hatchling Member
Silkworms are actually almost a dollar cheaper at lindasgonebuggie. I'm not sure about the quality compared to Mulberry though. Check around your neighborhood for a mulberry tree... I didn't realize I had mulberry trees till my father told me about the one down the street. Mulberry leaves are free (if you have them around your neighborhood) and are good for both your beardie and your silkworms. I ordered some the other day for the first time and am waiting for them to arrive, so I can't 100% guarantee they'll work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom