Where can I buy a screen for my Sterrilite Roach Tub

Status
Not open for further replies.

palomino

I have decided on getting roaches for my upcoming BD and have purchased to fairly large sized sterillite tubs from Wally World (I only need one but I am a person who likes a backup). I want to put a screen on top for ventilation but am having the hardest time finding where to purchase relatively inexpensive screens for the tubs. I have seen some of your pics of your tubs and they all have screens. If someone could give me a suggestion on where to get a screen so I can get my roach colony (and/or possible cricket container for the short term) going before I get my bd after the holidays. Any suggestions are much appreciative.

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Most people use the lid that came with the tub. They just cut a hole in it and glue some metal screen or mesh over the hole.

patrickb

Juvie Member
Wally World sells the screening too. Look in the hardware section somewhere near the paints and stuff. Should be a small little section that relates to windows and doors. You will find the screen in rolls there. Make sure to get the aluminum screening and not the fiberglass. Bugs can chew through the fiberglass version.

Also pick up an el cheapo set of kitchen shears while you are there. Use them to cut the screening to the sizes you need. Cut a hole in the lid (I make holes in the sides of the tote myself) and cut the screening about 1/2" larger than the hole. Then hot glue it in place and you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom