When????

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarrianna

Do i need to change my baby beardies diet?He's been eating around 45 or more small to medium sized crx 2x a day.He also eats turnips and squash.He is alm ost 11 in.When do i need to change his diet nd how?Like how many crix a day or evry other day and how much veggies???

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Probably not for a couple more months. You will notice him starting to slow down on his own although some beardies seem like they'll never slow down.

PuffMagic

Juvie Member
I didnt want to start a new thread so I thought I would just bump this one b/c it is a similar topic.

My baby Puff is about 8inches, I am thinking about 4-5mths old. He eats max 80 crix a day. When is it okay to slow his feeding down? or after a certain age do I just cut him down to an adult feeding schedule? I also have his salad available all day which he eats usually all of it as well as all those crix. He used to poop twice a day now it is down to one a day. I have had him for a month. I love him to pieces and want to do the best job I can :)

Thanks for all the replies :) Everyone is always incredibly helpful !!

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Is that 8 inches from nose to end of tail or just his body? That seems small for 4-5 months of age if you're measuring the tail. That would make me think he's more like 3 months old. If so, he is about to go through a huge growth spurt so he probably won't want to slow down for another 3 months minimum. Do you know what he weighs?

You really don't want to hold back until they are over a year, thats when you start gradually. By then it will be next winter and he'll slow down by himself and think about brumating. So keep him fat and happy so he grows big and strong.

He sounds awfully cute, have you posted any pics yet?

How is he doing with his greens? Have you tried butternut?
My smaller ones like it when I hand feed them veggies, seems they eat more that way.
Not to be gross, but how are his poops? Poops tell a lot about their health and hydration. Like a beardie health crystal ball.
Are you giving regular baths, calcium and vitamins?

Cheryl

PuffMagic

Juvie Member
8inches tail to nose! He is going through his growth spurt as we speak. He has finished shedding his tail and now we are onto his arms! I haven't posted any pictures yet. His poops were twice a day and now they are only once but they look good. Pretty solid, well as solid as poop can be. Haha! His greens he eats mostly all of them when I keep them on the cool side of his cage! I haven't tried butternut but I am feeding him Endive and Acorn...which he seems to love a lot!! I switch it up every time I run out. I buy something different that is still a type of staple diet, so I will give butternut a try next time I am out! Good to know he will slow down on his own, I just didn't want to over feed him!

I will post pictures as soon as I take some:) Thanks for the reply

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
You made me laugh! He sounds like an awesome dragon, what a good boy! Looks like you lucked out, can't wait to see him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom