When to move baby into the biggirl viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cira204

I have a 6 week old baby BD girl. She's probably about 7.2 inches long and is staying in a tank thats about 15 GL.
I was wondering when it will be okay to put her into the 40 GL breeder?
I dont want to overwhelm her with a bigger tank, but she's a pretty big girl (compared to the ones I see at Pet Stores)

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
There is alot of debate about this question. Some people think babies arent easily overwhelmed, others think they are.
Id say it entirely depends on your little girl and how she's adapting.
If she's already in a good eating and pooping routine then I would say you could move her from any time onwards.
If she's taken a little longer to settle in and is still showin stressmarks Id leave her be for a while.

Holly

BabyBambi

some people say a bigger viv is better because the bd can roam around more but its personal choice as long as the viv isn't too small for her you can move her whenever you feel as long as she is settled and it won't cause her to act up

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
My 4 month old baby went straight into her 40 gallon tank as soon as I got her. She was a little stressed for about a week, but now she loves it and uses all of the space to climb and relax :) I think no matter when you introduce the baby to the new tank, she'll take some time to get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom