When should I worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
well Twitch seems to be back to normal... thanks to all of you for your advice! Cooling the crickets down has made a world of difference. She LOVES her hammock and has been very active all week.
100_2632.jpg

100_2633.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Twitch looks very happy & content now on her hammock! :D
Great cooling the crickets helped out. It just slows them down enough for them to get them better. At least she has been more active now.
Thanks for the pictures & the update on her.

Tracie

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
4 days, no food, just lying around not on any of her basking spots, just where she likes to sleep :( I'm just beside myself. Is it possible she's way older than we thought and was just late to grow like Hermes? Watch- I'll post here today, and maybe she'll be ok when I get home :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going today? Any improvements when you got home I hope?
I hope that she decided to do some basking for the day. Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sorry no internet at home, can only post from work right now. Well I got home last night and Twitch still hadn't moved. I tried to hand-feed her a cricket and she turned her head away. She looks to have lost a bit of weight. We made that girl take a NICE long bath. She stood up nicely in her bath which is good. I tried to feed her a cricket in her bath but no go. After 20 minutes she didn't jump out but just started bonking her head on the side like she was trying to break through so I took her out. She ran around for a minute and the second I picked her up and wrapped her she snuggled down. While I cuddled her Derrick finally cut the hole in the screen for the UVB light. (We hadn't done it yet because she had been up on her hammock a couple days and had seemed better.)

Then TODAY! Hopped out of her burrito and up basking on her log within minutes of her lights coming on. I just checked with my daughter and she is lying on her hammock and 1/2 her salad is gone. Hopefully that's a good sign. I will let you know tomorrow if she eats crickets. The PW's are in the mail and hopefully will come today. If she still won't eat live feeders will she be OK if she's eating her salad? Today it's dandelion greens, spaghetti squash and blueberries. Should I try baby food if she stops eating her salad again? I am going to give that girl a bath every day and hope it helps.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Sounds as if you fixed the problem !
If she should indeed go off her feed again, then do try the baby food, it seems to work miracles !
Janie.

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Gosh I hope so! It seems that every time I get my hopes up down she goes again! C'Mon Twitchie, be OK!!!

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Good News! My husband just texted me that Twitch ate 5 crickets for him. :blob5: I'll keep updating

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great news to hear that Twitchie is getting better now. So she ate for your hubby today? Perhaps the bath, & having a little bit stronger UVB emissions will help her out.
Give her time, with the improvements you have made she should be on the road to recovery hopefully!
The salad sounds very nutritious so if she doesn't eat a whole lot of feeders for a few days she will be fine. Maybe she will keep on eating more feeders now.

Tracie

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Twitch had a great day yesterday. I had to stay home with Trey because he was sick so I was able to keep an eye on her all day. She only ate 3 crickets and wouldn't take any PWs but she ate her whole salad and needed seconds for only the second time since we've had her! She was doing laps around her tank, hopping up, hopping down, tipped her cactus over, she looked great! Plus nice big poop for Mom. She did settle down early (like 6:00) but I expected it 'cuz she probably tired herself out! Today we're going to clean her tank and change her shelf liner while she's in her bath & burrito.

And, Trey's better too. :blob8:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great that Twitch is starting to eat a little bit now & especially her greens & veggies too. It sounds like she is very active & basking now also! Very good news to hear. :blob5: :blob5:
So did you burrito wrap her for her bedtime then & hold her? I bet she wore her little self out too. :love5:

Tracie

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes burrito wrap in her nice soft t-shirt donated by Daddy and snuggles before bedtime. She's feeling so much better and it seems to have made her more affectionate too. This morning she did not want to come out of her burrito and I picked her up to unwrap her. She wanted to snuggle and was not very happy to go back in her tank, sorry baby, Mommy has to go to work!

:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: our big girl ate 9 PW's and 10 crickets yesterday plus her whole salad and seconds again! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: She probably would have eaten more crickets but we ran out :banghead: She was hunting them again too! Thanks for all the advice and encouragement, Tracie and Janie!

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Aimee, I am so glad to hear this ! Totally awesome ! Keep up the good work !
Now, gonna need to take her outside for "walkies", so you will need a good harness and leash.
Let me know, I can help you "build" one ;)
Janie.

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just wanted to pop in and say Twitch ate 18 crickets last night! She was really going after them! Her colors seem to be a little brighter on her back though hard to tell for sure since she's starting to shed. I feel much better. We are going to cut a hole in Hermes' screen too so his UVB will be more direct as well.

We go on vacation the last week of July, I'm going to be so worried about my babies while we're gone. We do have a reliable neighbor coming over to feed them morning & evening, and our good friend Colette is going to come give them baths, since she has beardies I trust her a little more to not lose quick little Hermes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom