When do you reduce the amount of live feeders and increase v

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Neromom39 is exactly right, don't worry if he only eats his greens once in a while. He is only 5 months old, growing rapidly so his body is calling for lots of protein from live feeders to help his body and bones develop correctly. Some beardies don't show ANY interest in greens until close to a year old. So, try to relax and let him eat what he prefers, he knows what he is doing. :wink:

Ruby2uesday

Juvie Member
Huego didn't really show interest in his greens until about 5-6mo old. I also alternate adding squash, blueberries, and grapes in his green mix. He LOVES them! But is still a die hard PW/Roach fan at 7mo old! but try adding some fruits to the greens! it may help entice him to eat a little bit more veggies.

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Thanks guys! I feel a little better now. :D Chaos does like other things besides his greens, but only things he cant have all the time. Carrots, cucumbers, corn, blueberries, strawberries, clover, pineapple. I'd say he has a bit of a sweet tooth!

Fal

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
When I say Draco eats his greens, I don't meen tonnes of the stuff, so don't let me worry you. I put in dandylion, squash and green beens this morning and when I came back from getting his locust he had eaten all the squash and nothing else... other days it'll be dandylion leaves gone and no squash eaten at all. I guess it depends on the individual (other days he seems to eat no greens).

jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom