Wheezing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
(I didn't post this in ER because it might not be an emergency.) I was feeding one year old Marta her dubia roaches with supplements and about 5-10 minutes into the feeding session, she paused and let out a long breath that came out like a whistle. Then, she ate a couple more bugs and then let out another wheeze, but shorter and quieter. Is this normal?? Is she okay??? I listened for a few more minutes but the sound didn't repeat any more. She has a reptison uvb that was replaced about a month ago and eats dandelion greens and dubia roaches every day, and I cover the roaches with Rep-Cal Calcium with vitamin D3 and Rep-Cal Herptivite Multivitamins. The roaches are fed the remains of her dandelions, which are the stems (she doesn't like those) and occasionally she won't finish her greens and I'll give those to them too. She has a Zoo-Med Repti Basking Spot Lamp (100w) and reptile carpet as a substrate, and is given baths only when she is dirty. The last time she had a bath was about five days ago. Thank you for any replies!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did this just happen during or around meal time? It could just be a burp which happens from time to time and isn't anything to worry about. Is she acting differently? Is she active and alert?

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, it happened in the middle/towards the end of her feeding. She's acting fine, except for glass surfing but she's been doing that for about a month now and she's slowing down. She is also active and alert. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom