What's your daily routine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to get a few ideas for a weekly/daily feeding/bathing/etc routine or schedule you follow for your beardy :D I may be getting a beardy soon... but I'm not entirely sure on the amounts/things you do everyday for feeding and exercise outside. Any help or ideas appreciated !

cbbrown

Hatchling Member
I too was wondering about this, i know my beardie gets woken up at 9am. He is usually sleeping on his favorite towel especially since my partner is away in alabama. I think he misses her. Anyway, i wait to feed kaisei and shuji until 11 am. That's usually when they go looking for food. They get calcium with d3 three times a week and a multivitamin twice a week and two days without. If you are wondering what kind i use, i use exo terra. It was the only kind i could get them to eat more than once. i change their newspapers once a week usually after shuji poops. Kaisei only poops in his baths that he gets every other day in a tote bought just for that purpose. I take kaisei out for about a half hour a day, i worry about taking him out if the apartment is too cold so it varies how often i take him out. I don't take shuji out at all since he is a uromastyx and requires more direct heat then kaisei. i turn their lights out at 9 pm every night by this time kaisei has made his way back down from his basking spot to his towel.

6:30 AM: I wake up, beardie is still asleep, and begin my morning routine. I make him a salad (Collard greens, butternut squash, occasional peppers/apples. I put it in his tank, then head off to school.

8:30 AM: I have a timer set for my UVB and basking bulbs, so this is the time both turn on. My beardie is probably awake by now.

2:45 PM: I get home from school and check on my beardie. He usually has eaten a bit of the salad and is basking by now.

3:00 PM: I prepare his main course. I use small mealworms as a staple (there is some controversy on mealies, but they work fine for me and my little guy) and crix/ waxworms once or twice a week. i dust them with Repti-Cal every day, and Herpavite once a week. he usually gobbles up 6-10 in one feeding.

4:00 PM: Around this time I handle my beardie. He is usually out for 45 minutes to an hour and a half. I also clean his tank of any poop or whatever is in there now.

8:30 PM: The UVB and basking bulbs go off. He falls asleep nice and easy.
Hope this helps you understand the responsibility of taking care of a beardie. They are hardy pets, so they will give you some leeway. You might skip a feeding one day on accident, but they can handle it. It all pays off, since they are such good beginner lizards. PM me if you get that lizard, I'd love to see it!

BeardiesDen

Original Poster
mcfly121901":24g8gbe4 said:
6:30 AM: I wake up, beardie is still asleep, and begin my morning routine. I make him a salad (Collard greens, butternut squash, occasional peppers/apples. I put it in his tank, then head off to school.

8:30 AM: I have a timer set for my UVB and basking bulbs, so this is the time both turn on. My beardie is probably awake by now.

2:45 PM: I get home from school and check on my beardie. He usually has eaten a bit of the salad and is basking by now.

3:00 PM: I prepare his main course. I use small mealworms as a staple (there is some controversy on mealies, but they work fine for me and my little guy) and crix/ waxworms once or twice a week. i dust them with Repti-Cal every day, and Herpavite once a week. he usually gobbles up 6-10 in one feeding.

4:00 PM: Around this time I handle my beardie. He is usually out for 45 minutes to an hour and a half. I also clean his tank of any poop or whatever is in there now.

8:30 PM: The UVB and basking bulbs go off. He falls asleep nice and easy.
Hope this helps you understand the responsibility of taking care of a beardie. They are hardy pets, so they will give you some leeway. You might skip a feeding one day on accident, but they can handle it. It all pays off, since they are such good beginner lizards. PM me if you get that lizard, I'd love to see it!

thank you this was very helpful as I too go to school around those times ! :D thanks and will definitely PM you :)

GizzNZena

We have 2- 61/2 mo old females, housed together.
6am- day lights put on, fresh water, pellets, veggies. Live bugs if time.
7am-- some days I take them out to play if my son didn't have time.
2pm- veggies/water if needed, played with, harness time (were training). 1 gets her explore time (on harness we wander around our upstairs with her so she can explore... Only 1 bc the other isn't comfortable with the harness yet).
6pm- play time out of the cage. I always come home, see my kids and go right to play with my girl (1 is mine other is my 12 yr old sons).
7pm- bath time a few days a week, fed more bugs if acting hungry.
9pm- night lights go on.

The poor girls HATE when my kids are gone every other weekend bc on Weekends I sleep in (up at 5am in bed at midnight all week wears me down). I go in around 9-10am and they are face to the glass giving me the stare down waiting for lights and food.

potter4

I have a 6 month old female.

9 am- Her lights come on. She will come out of her cave, and get on her basking rock.

10 am- I make her salad. Collard greens, mustard greens, and some butternut squash. Sometimes strawberries, or blueberries.

12 pm- I feed her the live food. She usually eats a few hornworms, and then around 25 to 30 dubia roaches. These are dusted with calcium 5 days a week and multivitamin 2 days a week.

3 pm- I usually get her out, and play with her around this time. This is when she is most active, and wants to be out of her tank.

5 pm- I feed her, her second and last feeding of the day. She will usually eat around 30 dubia roaches.

7 pm- I give her, her daily bath at this time.

9 pm- Her lights go off, and she goes into her cave.

ParkerandMe

Hatchling Member
My beardie is a juvie, so this is a juvenile schedule.
7:00- lights go on
7:30- he gets salad with collard, butternut squash, and escarole
4:00- put in Dubia roaches, hornworms, or crickets (once a week dusted with vitamins and four times a week calcium powder)
6:00- take him out to play and 4 times a week I bathe him
8:00- lights go off

BeardiesDen

Original Poster
ParkerandMe":2yqeyikv said:
My beardie is a juvie, so this is a juvenile schedule.
7:00- lights go on
7:30- he gets salad with collard, butternut squash, and escarole
4:00- put in Dubia roaches, hornworms, or crickets (once a week dusted with vitamins and four times a week calcium powder)
6:00- take him out to play and 4 times a week I bathe him
8:00- lights go off

thank you so much this is perfect timing for my day... i might steal your scheduled :lol: Unfortunately we don't have dubia roaches and hornworms/etc where I live :banghead: Dubias sound so easy to feed

ParkerandMe

Hatchling Member
I'm glad this could work for you! I'm not sure where you live, but if it's in the US you could purchase dubias online. They're pretty cheap online and can come in bulk.

BeardiesDen

Original Poster
ParkerandMe":1olxdog5 said:
I'm glad this could work for you! I'm not sure where you live, but if it's in the US you could purchase dubias online. They're pretty cheap online and can come in bulk.

:D unfortunately I'm in NZ and we don't really have dubias. Just locusts/wax worms/mealworms/crickets :) thanks though

NattyB

Sounds like everyones so regimintated.

I have a timer so I don't have to worry about heat and times etc.

In the morning my favourite man Mick gets to sit on the window ledge and indulge in some super Queensland - Australia rays.

He then watches his master (me) cut up his greens which include his fav of beans :)

Then we delve to the kitchen floor where mummy (me) lets the crickets out for me to chase and eat :)

Back to my home for a bit then out again to check out what's happening.

He runs around everywhere.

Then he indulges in a cricket chase in the kitchen - approx 15-20.

Thank you for asking this question. I am a new beardie owner and was wondering what other people do with theirs. L9ve this forum, it has been so helpful to me!

BeardiesDen

Original Poster
Spartacusmom1":xlpt45vf said:
Thank you for asking this question. I am a new beardie owner and was wondering what other people do with theirs. L9ve this forum, it has been so helpful to me!

:D You're welcome!!! Hope you share some good memories with your new beardie :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom