Whats up with my Bearded dragon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dravena

I have a male bearded dragon who is coming up to 1 years old this September. Usually he loves his food and eats a fair amount but over the past 3 to 4 days he has been eating less and today I don't think he has eaten at all .I have double checked his lights and heating and all is ok. He is not impacted but have given him a warm bath just in case.He has gotten a lot less active lately as well but when he is out of his tank he will have a run about and dose not look ill or lethargic.He is going through a shed at the moment so i don't know if his not eating is down to that.He is also bobbing his head a lot more too.Dose any one have any idea why he could be acting like this ? I am probably worrying over nothing but better to be safe than sorry.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It could be because he's shedding, plus ALOT of dragons go through a phase as they near adulthood of not being interested in food for periods of time. Their instincts tell them that they may soon want to mate, and they become preoccupied with that.

Dravena

Original Poster
Ahh right I see.That would explain the bobbing at every thing that moves .Thank you for your reply ,puts my mind at rest :D I hope it is just some thing like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom