What's this talk about their bearded dragons swimming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
All of mine swim to one degree or another. I put more water in my tub than probably most but i'm right there with. I've got one guy that loves swimming underwater. One guy that has to have more than a 15 minute bath. He's happiest in the water and cranky outside of it. The baby of the group is the only one that actually drinks in the water.

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
My beardies also like to swim. They get to swim in the bath tub in the winter but in summer they have their own kiddie pool. Spoiled dragons. I do bath them everyday as we don't get much in the way of humidity here. They are pretty good about going poo in the water too - that helps (except for the stubborn one who will poo on a fresh blanket in his cage every time)

darkcirca

Hatchling Member
Last summer I learned that Nibs could swim on her own. I had her on my lap by the pool, and she decided to run off and into the water...

She swam halfway across the pool before I could even catch her! I couldn't believe it, and once I got her out, she wanted to go back in again! I haven't let her in again, as I don't know about the chlorine (I know Iguanas swim in pools at times). It was a funny sight though, as I wasn't even dressed to go into the pool after her.

beardlover

Juvie Member
Vinny (8 months) loves to swim...when it's bath time I set her on the edge of the tub (on a towel so she doesn't fall off), then she watches me fill the tub with water. I always scoop a handful of water and let it drip over her head before putting her in the tub. She will sit on my hand for a moment then she walk around for a minute or two before she poops. I rinse out the tub and fill it so it is almost at her head (in the deep end) and so its about at her chest in the shallow end, I also put one of her big rocks in with her. She swims around like a mad woman takes a breather on her rock and then goes back to it.
She does two of the cutest things ever in the tub, if the water is getting chilly I turn the tap on to add some warm water and swims over and stands there right under the running water! She also comes over to my hand and rests her head on me so that I can drizzle water over her face...so freaking cute.

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Ponce had not poo-ed at all yesterday and so I thought I would toss her in the sink. We usually bath her in a large rubbermaid. Apparently, she didn't like the sink and she was totally spazzing spinning all four legs at once trying to get out. Eventually, I got her to calm down and sit on my hand (which was under the water). Of course, then I was sure I was going to end up a beardie potty! ;) Feliz likes a bath, but Ponce thinks you might be tryingi to drown her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom