What's in your beardie journal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
I thought fro day one of getting Spike that it would be nice to keep a little journal of his behavior, feedings, etc. Unfortumtaly like many other things, this was a good thought, and I should have/ wish I did, but didn't start it.
I recenlty bought a little notebook to do just this though. I have read throughout other topics that some of you do the same. I would like anyone who does this to let me know what you keep track of, how often, how do you organize it (by subject, by date), pretty much anything and everything you can so I am sure I keep track of everything I want to.

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,

I keep track of when they poo, how much they weigh and their length, but that's about it, i'd love to keep a journal of lots more things like what they eat and what time, so i can learn when they are at their most hungriest etc, but i haven't got the time unfortunately.

Let me know what you're keeping track of, i'd be interested to know, maybe i'll start making mine more detailed?!

Nikki

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
I started Dudlee's journal when I brough her home over a year ago. I record her feedings, baths, BM's, weight/length, and abnormal behavior. I find it really helpful to look back and see how much she has grown from the little 10" little thing I brought home!

raleej337

unlike other hobbyist I only keep record of their weight and length every 15 days (schedule varies, depends on their hatch dates) and sometimes took photos for a visual on how big they are growing. I don't even call it a journal, for me it's basically a growth chart.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Might I add that using a calendar works well for jotting down the things you'd like to put in your journal. I also have paper at the ends of each enclosure to block everyones veiws of each other I use this to write on as well. Every one of my viv's has the hatching date or the date purchased written on them. What you want to keep track of is really up to you. My first year of owning beardies I logged everything that you can imagine. Now I only log things like length, weight, dates shedded, first black beards, vet visits, etc.........

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hey
glad to hear i am not the only one who keeps diarys.
i have 6 reptiles and have kept diarys ever since i got them right from the time and day i bought them.
i record things on a daily basis for my dragons, i record what they eat daily (live food and how much greens), when they poop and what it looked like, when they get baths, shedding, weight on a weekly basis and length on a monthly basis, when there handled and when their next due for another uv bulb 6 monthly.
obviously my snakies dont eat daily so their feeds are fortnightly recorded, again the same as my dragons, weight weekly, length monthly, shedding, baths, poop.i also record when they are all handled as i dont handle my snakes daily and can forget when i last handled them so it keeps me up to date and they are not left out. oh and also when they get full clean outs too.
:D

oh also since 3 of them have been under vet care the diarys come in extremely handy, i can tell the vet everything they wanna know and in detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom