WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!!!?????!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBoy

Juvie Member
ROCKY MY 2 YEAR OLD BEARDED DRAGON IS ACTING VERY WEIRD. ok first when I found him he was laying down all weird. so i thought he might have needed a little water. so i gave him some and then gave him a bathe and put him back. well thenhe started to hickup or something. like it was almost like he was going to shoot out a little puff of fire or something..he's really scaring me!! what is he doing? what's wrong!? please help!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is his coloring right now, is he pale, or of normal color?
Did the water go down the wrong way when he drank it? He drank from his bath?
The "hickup" type of action is him forcing air through his throat by way of forced exhalation. They do that sometimes when water might have gone down the wrong way.
How is he doing now?

Tracie

BennyBoy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
in his cage i gave him droplets of water on his nose and he drinks that. and yes he was drinking from the bathe which i was excited about because he's never done this before...is this bad?? he seems ok now I think... It's almost his bed time so I will see how he is in the morning...do you think he is ok? his skin color looks ok...but it scared me so bad.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome. :D It is actually a fairly common occurence. If he drank water too fast, it probably went down the wrong way & that was how he was trying to cough or clear his throat.
Maybe keep him around 75 or so in his tank, to ward off any respiratory infection.
Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie

BennyBoy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well his lights are out right now so it's going down to about 70 is that ok? it should be 75 during the day, is that what your saying?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No, during the day it should be 78-82 on the cool end & around 95-110 on the basking temp end. Overnight, if you can keep it around 75 that would be good, but 70 is ok. I was just suggesting it stay a little warmer to help ward off a respiratory infection in case he did ingest a little bit of water down the wrong way.

Tracie

BennyBoy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OOOOH, ok, gatcha. i was a little confused for a while lol. again THANK YOU SO MUCH! :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing today? Has he coughed or anything at all? Has he eaten something for you?

Tracie

BennyBoy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
today went very well. his skin is completely completely normal and NO HICKUPS lol. He ate about half of the greens I set before him (I give him kinda a lot). So I think he is perfectly fine now, thank goodness. :)
I never heard of bearded dragons having that "hickup" action... now I have lol. just to make sure, half of the back end of his tail is black. definately looks like he is going to shed because it looks like as if i could pick it off...which i would never do. but the thing is, he just sheded, maybe he wasn't really done? idk.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

GREAT he is breathing fine today with no hiccups! He must have gotten his lungs cleared out now hopefully.
That is good he is eating his greens as well.
Well, they can do sheds back to back sometimes, if they are growing rapidly. He might not have finished his last shed fully.
Glad to hear he is back to normal now! :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom