What's a simple feeding schedule for 9 weeks old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to figure out a repetitive but simple weekly schedule for my 9 week old beardie. I've had her for 2 weeks and have been trying to get an idea but still haven't quite gotten it. She doesn't eat a lot like I see some people feed 50 crickets a day. She'll eat like 10. I have some dubie roaches gut loading so I'll see how she responds to those tomorrow.
I'm thinking
Monday through Friday
15-20 small crickets a day
Dusted with calcium, and veggies but she barely if any eats it.
Dubie roaches 2 days a week, just cause I hate roaches so don't wanna keep them coloniZed or whatever. So I'm thinking 5 mid day between crickets 2 days a week.
And the weekend, take a break from the calcium and maybe just do a day of veggies if she'll eat any.
As you can see I'm kinda confused. I work 8 hours a day so I can't feel her every 4 hours or whatever. But on my days off I can. What's a simple but effective feeding regiment.

I feed my 12 week old dibias 2x's per day. He usually eats about 25 each time, small/medium 1/2" or so. I leave greens in his cage that he nibbles on throughout the day also.

I dust with calcium (no d3) daily. Multivitamin once per week.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. That age she more than likely won't eat salad. Just offer it everyday. She needs to be fed crickets 2x a day for as much as she'll eat in 10 minutes. Babies need alot of protein as they grow very fast. Also if you are using a tube uvb she needs calcium with d3. If you have a mvb then just regular calcium.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Minimum of two live insect feeds per day, I gave Peppa and Toothless (at 9 weeks old) three live insect feeds per day (as many crickets or silkworms per meal as they wanted).

I also offered them grated carrot and cut up kale or buk choi greens each day , I found they liked their greens so much they'd fill with them if I offered these before their bugs, so I held off with the greens and veg until their last meal of the day , I'd offer salad/greens and some silkworms (on a bit of mulberry leaf) for their last meal of the day (rather than crickets).

Lights on 6am,
meal 1 @ about 10am
meal 2 @ 3pm
last meal @ 5 - 6 pm
lights out 9pm.

Routine is very important for pet lizards.

Scherfz1

hell if you don't really want to mess with having to feed every 4 hours go with medium Phoenix worms aka BSFL, i drop 20 in 30 minuets after his lights come on, then when i come home from class around noon i count to see how many are still in his acrylic bowl (they cannot climb out if it). add more if needed, but i usually don't, then when i come back home from my last class the rest are normally gone. then 3hrs before lights off i give him gut loaded crickets and call it a day. feeding him the Phoenix worms takes all the troubles out of my life, he eats when he wants and i don't have to worry about him getting bit by bugs or that he is not eating enough. keep it simple.

hope this helps

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Scherfz1":2vsyequq said:
hell if you don't really want to mess with having to feed every 4 hours go with medium Phoenix worms aka BSFL, i drop 20 in 30 minuets after his lights come on, then when i come home from class around noon i count to see how many are still in his acrylic bowl (they cannot climb out if it). add more if needed, but i usually don't, then when i come back home from my last class the rest are normally gone. then 3hrs before lights off i give him gut loaded crickets and call it a day. feeding him the Phoenix worms takes all the troubles out of my life, he eats when he wants and i don't have to worry about him getting bit by bugs or that he is not eating enough. keep it simple.

hope this helps

BSF maggots are an excellent feeder too. Another that wont crawl off and hide is silkworms.

Thatnewbguy

Original Poster
Thanks for all the good feedback. I'm gonna work on getting a effective feeding schedule. It's hard when I work during the day and nobody sells silk worms. Only meal and super worms.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Yeah that's the down side. Is ordering on line. I think dubiaroaches.com has Nutrigrubs on sale (basically Phoenix worms). I think it's 7 dollar flat rate to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
My name is Faith
Top Bottom