What would you do?: Petstore edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
That looks like internal bruising. But its hard to be sure. I hate to say this but ive only seen that in a passed pooper.
I hope they pull through. I dont know what I would do in the same situation. If you take those out of there they just get new ones in. If the local breeder is selling that small Im willing to bet they arent a member in this forum.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yea, the dark spot on the stomach is what's worrying me most. I knew they were in bad shape, but i've had them for almost 2 days and they haven't really perked up at all. 2 will now hold their heads up (sometimes) but the largest of the 3 won't even hold itself up in a bath.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OMG, how terrible! I am sorry.
Tom is right, it is most likely either internal bruising, or a rupture possibly caused by an impaction.
Were they on sand? They could have eaten too large of prey or mealies or sand at that rate.
Do you have them housed together right now?
I am moving this thread to the ER though.

Tracie

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
They are housed together right now, just because I don't have 3 sets of lights available. Though since i've had them they have yet to move, so i'm not to worried about them getting one another. Lifting their heads is about all they can do.

They were housed on sand, there were crickets and mealworms in their tank. Since i've had them they haven't eaten anything other than babyfood, so I don't know that they were even eating when they were at Petland.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is ok, just watch to make sure they do not attack each other.
My guess is that it is going to be an impaction possibly of sand or mealies. How are they doing this evening?
Continue with the babyfood several times per day along with oral fluids & warm baths to help with any impaction that they might have. Please let us know how things are going.

Tracie

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well they're pooping, but with a baby food only diet it isn't pretty. There is no urate. Is that possible? Are they not producing it or just not passing it?

The larger of the 3 (the one with no stomach mark) won't eat anything. How do you force feed a baby that small??

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So I spoke with the petstore manager, and he said that the black mark is sharpie. I don't know if I believe that, the mark looks raised to me. So if it is sharpie I would say that the babies had a very bad reaction to it. Maybe the guy pushed to hard with the sharpie and caused bleeding under the mark........I don't know. I just wanted to fill you guys in with what I know........which at this point I'm feeling is not a lot :|

Tarrasque

That's really a shame

I'm sorry to hear that :(

At least you were able to give it some love and comfort in it's short life

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OMG, you are kidding, that is what they said, it was a black sharpie? IF that is what it was, that is not good. He must have had a toxic reaction to it. I am sorry that you lost one tonight. :cry:
You tried & he knew that he was loved in his final time, with you.

Tracie

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's rough and now I'm even more worried about the other two, because the one that passed was the one I thought was doing well :x Needless to say, when I called the petstore manager to tell him I lost one his response was "it happens" He also told me I could "toss it" :angry5:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going today?
Wow that was real caring of the person at the pet store, wasn't it? :cry:
How is the other one doing now?

Tracie

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Of the two the smaller one has actually started eating a few crickets on top of his baby food. The other one still won't even open his eyes. Have to drip water on his head to get him to "wake up" enough to not drown in his bath. Pretty much having to force feed him. He's so skinny :cry: Don't really know what else I can do for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom