What type of beardie do I have????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god Kcarello! Is that your dragon in the picture? If so how big and how old? I wish mine would grow that big. Is like he doesn't want to grow no more :?

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
awwwwwwww Skully is too cute for words!!!! adorable!!

reminds me of Blue when she was a baby ... Blue was funnier looking on the silly side, she was an oddball, an now she is this big beautiful ball of beardie.
Skully might have some more colour to him than BlueBelle does ... Skully is so CUTE ahhhh so cute!!! Blue, she was alot darker/greyer than her brothers and sisters (unless they were a different clutch, so her tank-mates) .... they were much more tan and light, very pretty they were. i got Blue b/c she was different an darker and too cute.

its SO hard to tell what your beardie will look like when they get older. i thought Blue was going to have a more defined pattern on her, but her pattern seemed to fade a little. but then you see some beardies that look COMPLETELY different as adults ... i mean its wild ya know?
I think its all in the genes and the individual beardie, i mean it amazes me how some change so so so much. i was KINDA hoping Blue would but now that she has stayed greyish with black sidebars, im actually really happy she did!!! there are so many morphs and colours and grey or "normal" seems to be harder to come by as the morphs take over.

She is a year old, and as she has shed, she has lost some of her patterning and then it comes out all of a sudden like huh? it comes an goes! ... ya know she is a little different than her baby-hood, but she has been pretty consisent. she can get very light in bright natural sun, now that is very interesting to watch, SO pretty. thats the only time she looks like a bit of a different beardie. OH and her after bath colours are pale and pretty too :) :) her yummy colours. and her beard scales get very white and yellow on the tips when she gets her roaches :)

now my other beardie Lexi on the other hand, was a rescue beardie, ive had her for about two weeks now. she is very bright yellow and orange with purple-ish/blue-ish sidebars. i have no idea where she came from, i believe they got her at a chain pet store, but i am honestly not sure which one.
so i would say everything is up in the air, only time will tell ... and its gonna be an awesome ride for you and Skully!!!! im very happy for you both :) :) :) ya just never know with the baffling beardie brigade!!! they can surprise us all so much! i will try to get a pic up of Blue.
~Em

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Yep! That is my big girl Puff!1 She is a year old, 19" and 664g. I love her so freakin much its rediculous!!! She was 5 1/4 inches when I got her. It has been so fun watching her grow and change!!!

Omg she is so beautiful! I wish Dreyko was this big. I'm a try to post a picture of him later when I get to my laptop. But you've done a great job with her!

smergy

Hatchling Member
wow I got mine from Petsmart and I had no idea either, yours looks just like mine at the moment mine is just that small, i cant wait till he gets bigger. whats his name, mine i went so original with Draco, the Pictures are in the Picture forums, btw i got rid of the sand if anyone looks at it....lol

Colesdad

I got Slash at a petsmart also in Raliegh NC, about 8 weeks ago. He was a dark brown little guy and then BAM, he turned light green with strong bright yellow checkers down his back. That stayed for a few days, now he is gray (shedding). But babies are funny, they seem to change color with every shed as they grow up.

NwBrdOwnr

Original Poster
Thanks!!!! We LOVE him!! Im so excited to see him grow and change! I love seeing pics of other beardies as they have grown and changed too. My husband is thinking about #2 but im trying to tell him we need to make it through the baby stage of Skully haha. I will keep posting pucs and i hope everyone else does as well!!!

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I would love to have another baby, but I spend SO MUCH time with Puff that I don't want her miss out on any attention due to me getting another baby and spending time with it. It would be different if they could play together and get along,,but we all know how that goes. So I am gonna just stick with Puff!

DSC_0054.jpg

Here is Dreyko! He seems big in the picture but it's a close up. I was also wondering what kind of breed he is and how may I find out how old is he. I've had him since November 2008

smergy

Hatchling Member
wow thats a cutie there, i know there was a link somewhere that kinda showed the length and average age somewhere, but you know we had no idea ourselves and we kinda had a small scare with our first beardie we had and took him to the vet, then i gave my wife the idea so we now have two beardies, so far so good, and the vet said based on their size they are both about 3 or 4 weeks old.
here is a picture of them both, in their cage
2012-07-24_18-29-00_187.jpg

2012-07-24_18-28-12_987.jpg

his name is Draco, hers is Hydra the vet said that he was sure on the sex because of the color and size, they are both the same age, the other one is smaller, and lighter and the vet said that is how females are, lighter and smaller

Well I just measured Dreyko and he is 16.5 inches and according to this link: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Growth.html he is 9months old but I've had him since November 2008 thats 3years 8months. So I know that the link can't be right. But then again its not the same bearded dragon and it differs from every other beardie. So I guess I'll just have to keep feeding him more and letting him get all the natural light he can right now that its summer and hopefully he grows a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom