What to use...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I have read alot of stuff about wook here, but nothing covers the wood madrona. It's a thin skinned barked tree that always looks like it is pealing. It is common here on Whidbey Island. Is this ok to use? I plan on stripping off the bark, then cutting them to specific lengths. Once I have the sizes I need, I will place them in the oven and bake them to get rid of any bacteria. I can then assemble them to form structures for our beardies to climb on. Any idea's or thoughts about this? I have included the pics I have of our two beardies. Thanks for reading and responding.

Vr,

Michael

82532-1898917570.jpg
this is Sandar (we believe it's a boy. I know...to young to sex still)
82532-6242797063.jpg
this is our newest member. (we don't know the sex either as its still too young) Tentatively named Ginny.
82532-8887905669.jpg
This is both Sandar and Ginny.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Its not a toxic species and its not sappy so I would think it's safe. I would only use dead/dry wood and make sure to remove the peeling bits so the babies don't eat any. Its really pretty wood, I'd like to have some myself.

Sailor98277

Original Poster
Thank you Gail for the information. I wish that there was a way to get you some. It is some really nice wood as you say. Will take lots of prep though as I am still pealing all the bark off as it dries. I then have to sand down all the sharp points so they are smooth. I plan on cutting them to specific lengths and making a crawl around for them so they can put themselves as close to the heat and UVA/UVB bulbs as they wish. Cleaning them will be easy as I will just sand them down a bit or use a toothbrush to clean them with warm water. Course, I still have to bake them all. Thanks again. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom