What to look for in a healthy dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently we got a bearded dragon. The guy we got him from said that he would feed him 50 crickets once a week. I have read that they need the food daily so we are giving him 6-10 crickets a day and fruits and veggies. I am curious to know what I need to look for to know he is healthy and has the proper diet. Are there any fat pockets or other characteristics I should be looking for?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How old or what length is your beardie? That will help us in being able to answer about the feeding routine.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thanks for giving us his age, that is very helpful. I do feel it's best to feed adults daily or every other day rather than so many feeders just one day. Helps with their pooping schedule too. A total of 50 crickets a wk spaced out how ever you (or he) prefers is fine for an adult. Fresh veggies should be given daily.

When looking at a healthy bearide, the eyes will be bright & even sparkle. There should also be fat pads on top of their heads as well as the base of their tails. Their skin shouldn't be very wrinkled either. If it is or if the urates aren't white but instead yellowish, hard like chalk or rubbery, it shows they need more frequent baths & should also be offered oral fluids. If you want to post some pictures, we can take a look at him for you. :wink:

dustponds10

Original Poster
I took pictures but is there a way I can upload them using a smart phone? That's all I have right now to upload with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom