What to feed beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightOnyx

I will be getting a bearded dragon in a few days and I'm getting a little confused on what to feed it. So far I know I will be feeding it Phoenix worms and crickets. Unfortunately my mom will not allow me to keep any type of roach in the house so roaches are not an option.
Thank you

Hatchling Member
Dandelion greens, mustard greens, collard greens, yellow squash, zucchini squash, carrot shavings, parsnip. I think that should do it.

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
as far as nutrition goes the next thing that is as good as roaches is silkworms there very good for beardies, u can get some at thesilkwormshop.com also for a list of fruit and veggies google this, "what veggies to give bearded dragon " click on the very first one and there u go :D

kio

Jackiesmama: Bump means the original poster wants more people to see and express opinions.
Beardies should be fed these things:
Live feed (Mix is probably best): mealwoms, silkworms, dubia roaches, crickets.
Greens: Lettuce, Krale, squash, grapes, tomato, and exc...
Message me with any questions! :mrgreen:

Hatchling Member
kio":3tqxnzcd said:
Jackiesmama: Bump means the original poster wants more people to see and express opinions.
Beardies should be fed these things:
Live feed (Mix is probably best): mealwoms, silkworms, dubia roaches, crickets.
Greens: Lettuce, Krale, squash, grapes, tomato, and exc...
Message me with any questions! :mrgreen:

I have never had a good experience with lettuce. It tends to give my beardie smelly diarrhea.

LightOnyx

Original Poster
CNS":382tropj said:
Lettuce such as iceberg is actually bad. It has no nutrition and is pretty much straight water. Check this site out and it will list all the goods and bads.

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Let me know if you need anything.
Hello thank you for the website it was very helpful. I also checked out your website and your deals are amazing, I will be buying some feeders from you soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom