What size habitat do you have??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonz152

We are in the market for a bearded dragon and are hearing conflicting stories as to which kind of cage we need. We had heard that a 36inx18in was sufficent, although minimum for an adult. We were looking at 36x24inch cages to give a little extra room but are now hearing that they should be in no smaller than a 48inx24inch cage. What size and type of cage do you have???

We were about to start buying everything but now I'm worried that a 48inch cage is just too big and bulky for us but I don't want to get something that will make my bearded dragon sick or unhappy.

Trogdorpheus

Juvie Member
My girl is happy in a 36x18, but I'm going to be getting her something bigger once I'm out of college in this tiny apartment.

Jess

Extreme Poster
I have a 40g breeder now, but it has been looking pretty small lately so I just bought a 4x2x2 that I'm currently fixing up. A 40 is probably fine for smaller beardies (It was more than enough room for my previous beardie, but Dudley is much bigger than he was.) but bigger is always better!

Your beardie won't be sick or horribly unhappy in a 40 gal, though. Just bring her out for plenty of exercise. IMO a 40 breeder is great to start out with, and if you decide you want something bigger down the road, it wouldn't be hard to sell. :wink:

Bummblebee

Hatchling Member
JuJu has a 55 gallon aquarium shes 8 months old
Torch has a 55 G aquarium hes 8 months
Rock'O is 1 yr and he lives in a 75 gallon aquarium

Dementeddogz

Hatchling Member
Weve a few 40 gallon breeders, on 36" exo terra terraium, and a stackable 4x2x2 viv that I built. Am currently switching out all breeder tanks with custom vivs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yricia
Top Bottom