what size cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmommy

Hey,

My and my man do not know what size cage should we get. We only want to buy once. We have a 36in long one now but our beardie never goes to one side of it. We are thinking the 36L by 18W by 24H. but the other one is cheaper. do you think 24L by 18W by 24H is good enough? Is that too short or too tall?

Please let us know whatever your thoughts may be. We need to get this cage soon as possible.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
The minimum recommended size for an adult beardie is a 40 Gallon Breeder, which is approx. 36"x18"x18". However, most people will recommend 4'x2'x2' if you are building your own.

AndyT

Juvie Member
Get the 36x18x24. That will suffice for a beardie's entire life. The 24 in long one is too small for an adult.

Andy

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I have to chirp in here for a sec. it depends on how big your dragons going to be. We have a 40 gal breeder and we have the tripple decker thats 4x2x2. Our 24 inch beardie wouldnt fit in the 40 gal breeder. I stuck him in there for the fun of it and he looked like he was in a shoe box. If you know your beardies parents and about how big he/she may get. I would go for the 4x2x2. Our 18 inch beardie fits in the 40 gal breeder but shes a small 18 incher. But i guess it might just be me, i like them to have room to move around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom