What makes your bearded dragon unique?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every bearded dragon has a different personality.
How does yours stand out?

One thing I find funny about my bearded dragon is that he falls asleep looking at himself in the mirror. He has looked at himself in the mirror for a whole day, and fell asleep a few times while doing it. He just can't get enough of that mirror :p

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zooeymama":35l0wjwl said:
This thread is so cute!

My little Nikka likes to ignore me with one eye when she is feeling sassy. If I move to her other side she will close that eye too. It's cute to tease her by moving around. And at night at bedtime she will climb the sides of her viv until I wrap her in a blankie and put her on her basking rock next to the (tank kind) heating pad mounted on the side of her viv. When I make her salads - I always toss some moistened beardie pellets on them and she noses through the salad and everything else in there JUST to gobble up the red pellets. I actually started putting her salad on a plate to accommodate her red pellet plundering ways. When we do our nighttime snuggles after my kids go to bed- she likes nuzzle my neck under my hair and go to sleep. I swear she is a like a little hairless dog cat. :D

Haha, she's cute :p

justus85

What makes my dragon unique how he is always watching me. Like when I let him out to wander he'll go about 2 feet then cock his head so that he can stare back at me to make sure I'm there. This is basically whenever we are anywhere outside of his viv. The car ride, stares at me the whole time, bath time, stares up at me the whole time. I guess I am his big human security blanket. When we went to the vet the other day the vet picked and he tried to claw his way out of the vets hands and clamor in my direction like he was saying "Don't let this strange dude take me!" And if he isn't trying to get out of the other person's hands he stares at me. I never figured a lizard would really exhibit recognition of a human like that but he does. Also he likes when I occasionally let him sleep in my bed.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Our girls are the same way, about watching us when someone else is holding them. Goldie especially doesn't mind being held by another person as long as we are within their eye distance.

Also, I work all day and my husband is home with them and Goldie insists on me holding her. She gives me the impression that she misses me. We were gone most of the day last Saturday and she couldn't go with us and she was more 'clingy' all week. She loves Bill also and wants him to hold her also. She loves both of us. No one will convince me they don't have feelings.

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Haha, I smiled the whole time I read the last 2 posts. I love when bearded dragons tilt their heads. Dude was tilting his head at water yesterday, maybe i'll be able to teach him how to drink from a bowl!

LittleRepieye

Hatchling Member
This is so cute! XD I love all the different personalities everyone's beardies have.

Draco is " A lover, not a fighter" He will always find something soft, cuddly, warm to cuddle into all the time. This is when he is happiest, But it's funny. I cuddle with him Evey night for like a hour or so before he is set down into bed.He is also wrapped in a Dino blanket that he loves. But one night my boyfriend wanted to cuddle with him instead, and I was teasing him" he needed his own beardie to cuddle with." Well he took Draco out and placed him on his chest and Draco opens his mouth and starts gapping at him. He gives him back to me and I have his blanket all set and he does his little butt wiggle and goes to sleep, My boyfriend was offended :lol: He also waits for me to place him into his bed, he cuddles in and will not move from that spot all night.

I'm on the computer more then I'm watching tv or anything and I have Draco's Viv Next to my computer. If I'm watching a movie or youtube he will perch on his basking branch and watch it with me and start tilting his head. It's so funny! He also comes when his name is called, I tap the floor and wiggle my fingers and call his name and he runs back to me :love5:

justus85

I wanted to add another peculiarity about Rex. He shows no interest in his greens until I sprinkle calcium powder on his greens then he cocks his head and shoots over there like "YUM calcium dust!"

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
Original Poster
justus85":2pb58t5l said:
I wanted to add another peculiarity about Rex. He shows no interest in his greens until I sprinkle calcium powder on his greens then he cocks his head and shoots over there like "YUM calcium dust!"

Haha, that's a first :p
Dude says that calcium powder isn't his favorite :(

BeardedAaliyah

Hatchling Member
saleen89559":13yvuhv9 said:
My male "Spike" enjoys curling up on our shoulders when we sit on the couch, he will wiggle his butt in so he gets comfortable and he passes out cold.

My female "Lemon Drop" will only sleep on us if she can climb inside the pocket on my wife's robe and stick her head out. She also refuses to eat Dubias from her bowl, only from my hands.

Our rescue "Gus" acts like a prisoner in a maximum security prison, when his food hits the cage floor, he eats like someone is gonna steal it from him unless he wolfs it all down.

...That is the cutest thing I have ever read.

BeardedAaliyah

Hatchling Member
I've only had my Beardie for about a month, and have had one unique moment with her. Aaliyah had a Gastrointestinal Infection, and because she refused to eat, we had to force feed her. :| In a fit of feeding frustration, Justin and I tried force feeding her a pellet. After she spit it up, we tried putting it back down, and she held the food in her mouth. It was obvious she had not swallowed it, and when put down, she made no move to spit it up. It was adorable. We put her back in her cage and waited...but no, she refused to spit it out while we were looking. :D We found it later where we had set her down.

It is the only moment we have had so far, but I look forward to more. :mrgreen:

Halister

Juvie Member
Thug when he is being grumpy and shedding he will throw his head down and block you from picking him up. So he will throw his face down so it hits the tips of your fingers like no Im not dealing with you today. May be tomorrow ha ha

CiaraAlexisOnFire

Juvie Member
Original Poster
BeardedAaliyah":wuvj09oe said:
I've only had my Beardie for about a month, and have had one unique moment with her. Aaliyah had a Gastrointestinal Infection, and because she refused to eat, we had to force feed her. :| In a fit of feeding frustration, Justin and I tried force feeding her a pellet. After she spit it up, we tried putting it back down, and she held the food in her mouth. It was obvious she had not swallowed it, and when put down, she made no move to spit it up. It was adorable. We put her back in her cage and waited...but no, she refused to spit it out while we were looking. :D We found it later where we had set her down.

It is the only moment we have had so far, but I look forward to more. :mrgreen:

Awe, haha poor baby! She's a smart one! ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom