What light????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the process of building my beardie a new enclousure since i got ripped off by a guy claiming he was going to built it for me. I am having my uncle install a dimmer but but my question is this.. .do i buy a high wattage light from homedepot (halogen or whatever) and use the dimmer on that? or would that be too much? also should i have 2 lights installed? one for basking and the other for a 2nd heat source/night? im estimating the tank will be 2ft high/ 4ft long

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
alot of this depends on what you plan on using for a UVB source. If you are using an MVB then two fixtures should be fine. You would need one for the MVB on one side and the other on the opposite end(cool side) for a regular household for additional light or heat if needed. If you planed on using a tube style fluorescent like the reptisun 10 then you need on fluorescent fixture(t8 i think) and one screw in fixture for heat with either a CHE or a halogen lighting. The fixtures fort he MVB and the fluorescent can NOT be on the dimmer as they both require a specific voltage to work properly.

beardielovah11103

Original Poster
right now in her 40gal breeder she has a reg basking light and i have her reptisun 10. i also have a ceramic heat emmiter that i want to get rid of once she is in the new tank. however there are mixed emotions on this website about using any light at nighttime.
I live in PA and so the temps are up and down, but my question to you is do you suggest using MVB? and someone reccomended a rheostat..am i able to use that? thanks for all your help.

here is the link for the tank we r building

http://www.freewebs.com/crossfireenclosures/

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
beardielovah11103":fda85 said:
right now in her 40gal breeder she has a reg basking light and i have her reptisun 10. i also have a ceramic heat emmiter that i want to get rid of once she is in the new tank. however there are mixed emotions on this website about using any light at nighttime.
I live in PA and so the temps are up and down, but my question to you is do you suggest using MVB? and someone reccomended a rheostat..am i able to use that? thanks for all your help.

here is the link for the tank we r building

http://www.freewebs.com/crossfireenclosures/

In the cross fire enclosure, yes, I recommend the MVB. Either megaray 100w or trex 100w. I have a crossfire'ish set up and I run two bulbs. 1 100w flood trex MVB and 1 36" fluorescent for extra light.

There really arent mixed emotions about the night light thing as it is pretty much a big no. Unless your house is getting below 65 at night, no need for any night time heating. IF, and ONLY IF, it is getting below 65 use a CHE only.

As for the rheostat...you can't use them on MVB because they require a specific voltage to operate just as fluorescent bulbs do also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom