What kind of snake is this?(on trail in California)

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so I went on a hike yesterday and saw this guy right next to the trail in the water I have no idea what he is I just got him home and set him up in a tank I put together real fast cuz I wanted to get hime out of the container he was in I just put a rock so he can get closer to the heat and get in and out of the water if he wants since I found him in water and built a plexi lid so he couldn't get out so if someone could help me out and identify this snake for me that would be really helpful :)
IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

Here is the tank I put together
IMAG0205.jpg

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Yeah, a head close up would definitely help. It just has such large jaw muscles from these pictures that I'm almost wondering if someone's pet got loose and it's a Children's python/anthill python. It certainly has the same head and markings. I have no idea what one would be doing wandering around in the woods though.

Thetopher125

Original Poster
i will take a close up soon im not sure what he eats dosnt like crickets at 1 meli of like 4 im not really sure what else to try feeder fish?

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Yes, I would try pinky or fuzzy mice. He looks like a very small snake so he'll probably only eat very small feeders.

Thetopher125

Original Poster
feed him a feeder fish last night and he loved it and it was half the size of a feeder mouse and he still had a little trouble so im going to wait probably a month or 2 to give him pinkies or as soon as i can i should say but he is doing great speaking of that its time for the beardies launch :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom