what is your method for feeding them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what i do is i have two plastic tubs and a habitat for my crickets.
i put reptocal in one tub and the other tub is their feeding tub.
so i pick the crickets out of their habitat and put them in the reptocal tub and let them jump around then put them in the feeding tub. then finnaly i put my dragons in the feeding tub.

but there has to be an easier way to do this.
please tell.

Colin

I keep egg cartons in my cricket holding area, and I put the crickets in a small plastic bag. When they are in there, you can also dust them easily.

sddragons

Juvie Member
I put mine in a plastic bag with powder, shake em up, and dump them in a 10 gallon feeding tank. Problem is only a couple of my dragons will eat this way in the feeding tank, the others just freak out and go crazy so I have to put them back into their enclosure. Some will only eat if I hand feed them which is a pain. Others will eat if I throw one at a time in their enclosure if I throw it right in front of them but they won't chase them around to get them so I have to end up trying to catch them before lights out.
Such a pain that they all eat different ways....

How do all you big breeders that have so many dragons on site feed all yours?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
We have the Kricket Keepers. There are two sizes. The small one holds 30 to 50 crickets. That size has 2 tubes that the crickets crawl up in. It's easy to tell when to feed them. When they crawl on the bottom of the cage, out of the black tubes they are hungry. When you want to shake the vitamins or calcium on the crickets, just pull out one of the black tubes, put a pinch of the vits or calcium in the tube and shake, then drop them in to where you are feeding your beardie the crickets. The only difference between the small and the large is the large has 4 tubes and holds about 150 crickets more or less. My husband puts the crickets from the containers that we have for the larger quantitys into the cricket keepers. These are the easiest way to get the calcium or vits on the crickets. It works better than seeing if they will crawl through them, or for me the plastic bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom