What is wrong with my Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie77

Hatchling Member
I turned on Sonic's Lights this morning... The MVB bulb ( Powersun 100 watt) did not turn on.. So I switched the switch for it back to off.. Thought that maybe my son turned on the lights too early and then switched them off and it had not reset yet when I turned them on? But I waited about 15 minutes and turned it back on... It went on... for about a minute and it went out again... The bulb is ONLY 2 Months old MAX.. Something wrong with the bulb? The fixture? Fixture is just as old (about 2 months)... Shadow's Lights are working just fine.... :banghead:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
True it can do this if it is loose, but I find this happens more often with my PowerSun MVB's than with my
Exo-Terra Solar-Glo MVB's. Anyway to me it seems to happen more often when it has been cold the night before. It seems as if the bulb needs to take a couple of tries before the mercury can work properly in the bulb. I don't notice it doing this any more often when it's faulty or ready to be replaced. Usually then the bulb turns dim like it is sometimes when you first turn it on. If it's turning off in mid day that's another story it is usually because the bulb has become to warm an it will automatically shut down until it cools off. This is okay it is built to do this for safety purposes and will come back on once it has cooled down. Also if the polarity of you electrical outlet is reversed MVB my not work properly or may burn out prematurely. Also always make sure your MVB's are mounted level not at a tilt or angle or they will also burn out prematurely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom