What is wrong with my Beardie? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsaMatt

My beardie has not been eating for 3 days, no vege no crickets. Today, when the lights came on, she went into hiding, I'm so worried I have had my beardie for 6 months now, the tank is well-equipped for her with the appropriate lights and heat. She is almost 9 months old, what is going on?

EsaMatt

Original Poster
seandeangelis":2tno345b said:
When you say appropriate light and heat, what do you mean? There are many bad sources of information.

Im using a reptisun 10.0 tube for uvb and the usual heat lamp for heat

Bellz2912

My gigi is acting really wierd after her second shedding with us shes 5 months i think but anyway i tried to help her and take her a bath i also used a wet cloth. After that Shes been puffing up and dark from her belly and beared in patterns but her beard is dark i dont want her to be aggressive with me or my fiancé we love gigi and want to help whatever p.m.s shes going threw. Can anyone help us! I tried the internet but nothing is specific with female boarded dragons?

Bellz2912":iq1ebbn5 said:
My gigi is acting really wierd after her second shedding with us shes 5 months i think but anyway i tried to help her and take her a bath i also used a wet cloth. After that Shes been puffing up and dark from her belly and beared in patterns but her beard is dark i dont want her to be aggressive with me or my fiancé we love gigi and want to help whatever p.m.s shes going threw. Can anyone help us! I tried the internet but nothing is specific with female boarded dragons?

You shouldn't peel off old scales when they are trying to shed, it can accidently hurt the Beardie. Otherwise it just sounds like she didn't like the bath lol, make sure the bath is nice and warm and bathe her consistently until she gets used to it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

**Bellz2912** go ahead & start your own personal thread so we can help you more & we wont interrupt the OP on their post here. Thanks! :D

Can you post some pictures of your girl, so we can see her physical condition?
How far is the Reptisun 10 tube bulb from her & is it placed on top of the screen or underneath of the screen?
How often do you give calcium supplementation for her?

Tracie

EsaMatt

Original Poster
I will post some pictures, but i dont think it is anything to do with the setup since its been months since I've had her, i just replaced the uvb bulb last week as well

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, that sounds good.
What are the temperatures in the tank & are you using a digital probe or a temp gun?
Maybe try to get a fecal exam done on her to be sure she is not ill.
It is a possibility she is just doing a slow down right now, like a mini brumation. They will often do that following a big growth phase & have been known to brumate at that age, too.

Tracie

EsaMatt

Original Poster
Hopefully its undergoing a brumation, thank you i will be going to the vet on saturday so maybe if I could get a fecal sample tmr if it poos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom