What is this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleSwonger61

Hatchling Member
D3FA7861-1FCE-4B23-9459-7A2C5027F41B.jpeg
Came home from the store and saw this in our beardies enclosure. Assuming this is throw up and it looks like bits of crickets in it? He eats crickets dusted in calcium 4-5 times a week, and multivitamin 1-2 times a week. Also eats collard greens and has access to fresh water all the time. Could he be getting too much calcium? Cause I do give the crickets Cricket quencher and the calcium food by fluckers. He has temps around 105 at his basking spot and reptisun 10.0 T5 uvb. Any advice would help ease our minds! Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 66165 Came home from the store and saw this in our beardies enclosure. Assuming this is throw up and it looks like bits of crickets in it? He eats crickets dusted in calcium 4-5 times a week, and multivitamin 1-2 times a week. Also eats collard greens and has access to fresh water all the time. Could he be getting too much calcium? Cause I do give the crickets Cricket quencher and the calcium food by fluckers. He has temps around 105 at his basking spot and reptisun 10.0 T5 uvb. Any advice would help ease our minds! Thanks!
I do not have a clue we need AHBD to take a look and see what she thinks
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah that's vomit. They swing their heads back + forth and it scatters the undigested food like that. What size and age is your dragon and are these insects not too large ? Was he fed too late [ before heat lights go off ] to be able to digest or was he taken out of the tank for a while so he didn't have a chance to digest it ? Most beardies are fine after but offer water for sure.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening? He might not have digested very well for some reason.
Be sure he has a couple of hours to digest his food before his lights go out. I agree, I would offer some water for him, to make
sure he is hydrated right now. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom