what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanAllen2

Original Poster
by the way, our tank is a little taller than average. i measured the distance from the bulb to the lower basking spot and it is 14 inches, 16 to the ground. i removed the piece the log was resting on and moved that (the upper basking spot) down lower and off to the side, it’s now about 12 inches from the lamp, and again off to the side and back further.
just wanted to thank everyone again for the replies, this is our first dragon and we are doing everything we can to make his environment perfect for him

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They grow fast-- I put hiccup in a 120 gallon in dec-- he's
14 months and is around 20 inches or so
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are your temps still good? And it wouldn't hurt just because your wattage size is so abnormal to use your ir gun in three fridge and see what it reads. At least to verify its in the ballpark. Technology has a way of messing up sometimes. would give me peace of mind at least.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good enough for me lol.

That's quite the efficient bulb you've got there Haha.

-Brandon

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
EvanAllen2":2vphjvz0 said:
here is a picture of the tank as it is now in case anyone is curious
https://imgur.com/a/zMYKPaO

will be getting a larger once he starts growing
This is a nice looking setup but, the basking spot needs to be elevated from the floor up to 10' and, you can drop wattage to get the basking temp right (they love to be above the ground when basking). All of the other gradients should fall into place.
Your UVB is not getting through the screen top either. Those coil UVB bulbs (screw ins) are nowhere near strong enough for a dragon ESPECIALLY through a screen top, at a distance of 14". They aren't any good at 5". Replace it asap with a Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO and it will work fine at 10" under the screen top fastened with zip ties.

EvanAllen2

Original Poster
thank you for the suggestions, and i will be getting that asap. i actually went to our local country max earlier today to get one and they are out until tomorrow or friday. i’ll probably just keep that coil bulb on as well just for some extra uvb.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
EvanAllen2":3v0va2e4 said:
thank you for the suggestions, and i will be getting that asap. i actually went to our local country max earlier today to get one and they are out until tomorrow or friday. i’ll probably just keep that coil bulb on as well just for some extra uvb.
Trust me, you won't need it and, your dragon won't have eye issues. Toss it!!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Gormagon":38h8zbw7 said:
EvanAllen2":38h8zbw7 said:
Trust me, you won't need it and, your dragon won't have eye issues. Toss it!!!

Agreed. They have the potential to cause eye damage. I'd turn it off.

-Brandon

EvanAllen2

Original Poster
just wanted to update you guys on this,
the black spot on his back peeled off completely today! we noticed it starting at the top and gave him a warm bath where the rest came off within 10 mins. fresh new scales underneath. the yellowish parts are still there, tho they might (hopefully) just be staining from the betadine. we'll know tomorrow when the vet lets us know the results of the test. crossing our finges!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom