what is this on his neck? :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie has started getting these "splits"? in his neck. not sure what they are and was wondering if I could get some opinions on what they could be. Im wondering if I will need to take him to the vet.
He isn't always this stressed. He just doesn't like when the camera comes around. I think he doesn't like the flash. :)

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
To me it looks like it's just the way the skin folds. Has he lost weight recently? It looks like the fat pads on his neck are a little thin, and that probably makes his neck skin a little looser than usual, too.
I can't see from the picture if any underlying skin is visible or if it's causing any pain or bleeding, but it really looks like it's just the way that the skin folds over when he's not stretching. :)

NachoBeardie

Original Poster
I don't think he has lost weight. He's growing like crazy. Not even a year old yet. I don't see any bleeding or skin underneath. I just see bright colors on his scales. Just seems like those scales are growing away from each other or something. Hmm maybe fatten him up with some supers

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you referring to the folds on his neck underneath?
That is very normal looking so nothing at all to worry about! He looks healthy to me. He has awhile before he will be completely filled out since he is under a year old.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom