What is this? during bath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so today was the first time i gave him a bath in the tub. (he's had plenty of baths in a plastic container) so i put him in, water was fine temp. its a nice big tub one side is deeper then the other so i figured if its to deep he could run to the other side. anway, he did the weirdest thing. he bloated up like a balloon and his belly was like, hard. i got so friggin scared i thought he was gonna die right in my hand. ugh. anyway can anyone explain this to me? is it just air or what...

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
So you experienced a beardies built in floating device. :lol: I remember the first time I seen it too...it scared the heck out of me. :lol:
They do this often sometimes if they are frightened, or if the water is a little deeper than they might be comfortable with, could be just for fun too. Though if you never noticed it before then your beardie may have been slightly confused with the new bath tub. Just a thought. :)
Personally I'd try a little less water until he's used to the new big bath tub. :wink:

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
They always do that,it makes them float in water,no need to worry because its normal and zillas done it for almost 8 months so i assume that its fine :p

dolphingirl

Hatchling Member
I wish Spike would do something in the bath tub. If he is in the sink, he will move all around. But, put him in the tub and he just sits there. Not moving. Just looking at you. :banghead: Won't do anything. Then trys to go to sleep. :banghead:

littlesavedgirl

Hatchling Member
Well whats a bath for anyway... Remember the commercial "Calgon Take Me Away". Perhaps he is simply letting the worries of this life float away :D . If my beardie would have blown all up like that, I would have thought she drank to much water :shock: , so I'm glad this question was here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom