What is the Maximum Temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeNgerOUS

I just bought my beardie today and my heat situation is 115-120 degrees for the basking spot... is that too hot for a 7 week old beardie?

also the lady i bought the beardie from said i can just feed it pellets and salad with calcium and multi vitamins... is that true?

Thanks guys.

- The newbie beardie owner.

volvotech

Hatchling Member
Have you done ANY research? You are a couple degrees to hot in the basking spot. Keep it under 110 F for babies. Also, bearded dragons have to have insects, especially young dragons. Get some tiny crickets and offer them 2-3 times a day. He/she probably won't show much interest, but offers veggies like collard greens, squash, dandelion greens, and endives in a small bowl. Make sure to dust at least one meal a day with calcium powder, and some people recommend dusting with multi-vitamins once a week.

melissa102787

Hatchling Member
Yeah your basking area is too hot, you need to keep it between 100-110 degrees. You can try lowering the basking spot or raising the bulb further away. Since you beardie is only a little baby, it should be mainly eating bugs. Don't catch bugs from outside. You can save money by buying crickets/dubia roaches in bulk and keeping them alive for long periods of time. I have quit a few dragons so I buy my crickets 1000 at a time for $25(including shipping). They eat A LOT. You will go through a 12-50 crickets a day depending in the size. Since it is 7 weeks, you want to give it the small size. Don't give it food larger than the space between its eyes. Also, try not to use sand until it is much bigger. Sand+baby dragon=not good. Reptile carpet is a great choice. Or paper towels.

You should take some time to read as much as you can about them. There is a lot to learn/know. I have kept dragons for 4-5 years now and am still learning. Do you have a UV light along with the basking?

DeNgerOUS

Original Poster
Thanks guys... really good info here =)

Yesterday i bought it 30 crickets and fed her about 15... she was going crazy for them =D

and yes, i use paper towel ATM and have a 10.0 uvb reptisun and 100 walt heat bulb. my tank is 36 x 18 but its height is about 13-15" which i think is why the heat is so hot... its too low and i can't raise higher :s

I'm thinking of going to home depot and trying to find a dimmer attachment to help with this problem or switch to a 75 watt bulb.

This morning i made a salad and fed her a few crickets... also gave her little bath in warm water and she was drinking water for a minute or two =)

she seems like be a little frightened when i pick her up so i try to move slowly and face my palm upwards so it won't be so scared and that seems to work well.

DeNgerOUS

Original Poster
I just bought a dimmer attachment at home depot and now my basking area is 105 degrees =D

Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom