What is the Easiest thing to feed my baby dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadillac

What is the Easiest thing to feed my baby dragon... crix is a hassle i think they be getting out and it is about impossible to get the things little enough for it to eat i get some from my pet store and then i have to sort though them which is a pain... tell me there is something easier !!!

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
I buy my crickets online, and buy them by size - no larger than the space between his eyes. I find that's the easiest thing to feed them, that or dubia roaches, but never mealworms, and your beardie is too small for superworms.

Sandi

cadillac

Original Poster
how long does it take to get them and do they stay that size or do they get bigger .... Whats a good sSite to get them ???

LJean

Extreme Poster
I think the easiest thing to feed baby dragons are phoenix worms. No getting away, come in cups so no other equipment required, don't smell, and are loaded with calcium. ;)

Navan94

cadillac":eb061 said:
Anyone else agree with the worms and where can i get them .......??
yes... My beardie loves them. http://www.phoenixworms.com

Just mind the size you are ordering. My dragon is only 7 inches and he eats mediums. Phoenix Worms are quite small. If you order small or extra small they will probably be smaller than you think.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
I get pinhead crickets for my little one from the pet shop. I ordered them online and got way too many and they stink!.....So I stop in everyday for my crickets...yes he has me whipped. :whip:

But I agree with everyone else who says phoenix worms...Ez EZ to keep...they come in a little cup and no stink.

cadillac

Original Poster
sorry i havent been on in a while yes i am getting a new baby i think i am going to try the worms where can i get them anygood sites

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
The phoenix worms in the 500 count cups stink..LOL. I can vouch for that..
Whatever you choose to feed her..PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not feed her anything bigger than the space between her eyes. I'd hate to see anything happen to her.

cadillac

Original Poster
oh believe me i wont I jus got a dragon like 3 weeks ago and RIP she died last week of coccida... i am cool with the crickects but i think there jus to hard to maintain plus my wife hates them she thinks the look like jumping spiders so i was looking for another option... SO IF THE P-Worms are Good in calcium and are easier to maintain i think thats the route i am going to go...

So everyone agrees that they are a good food source ??/

Do They like them equaly to Crix ??

Is there a bigger chance that they might catch a disease from them ??

thanks for all the help so far and thanks in advance !!!!!
without this site i would be clueless the people at the pet store will tell you anything and online reserch varys from site to site !@!

UTreptiles

Pheonix worms from pheonixworms.com

I have used them on all 10 of my bearded dragons and they all love them. They are the larva of the black soldier fly. No larger risk of disease or illness than crickets would be. In my opinion you probably run a greater risk of disease with crickets if they are not maintained well. Just my opinion. If my Leopard geckos would only eat PWs then I would be set. But they don't eat them as readily so I still have the crickets. But I would go 100 percent PWs if I could.

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Phoenix worms rule! Our dragon loves them. :lol: We have ordered from Mulberry Farms but learned from another thread that Mulberry gets them from phoenixworms.com so we just ordered more from there. They are easy to keep, don't need to be gut-loaded or dusted, and easy to feed to our Twitch! I get them out of the container with my long fingernails, but my 13-year old daughter uses a spoon because she doesn't like to try to get them out. People who come over say 'ewww' because they kinda look like maggots :puke: but they're not slimy at all. They don't smell, either. They don't gross me out at all, which is great, because mealworms are some freaky things!!!
We feed crickets as well but I agree it IS a pain when they get loose. Especially because I have a cat waiting for them. One day I dropped the whole cricket container :banghead: and they were everywhere. Sparkles ate a whole bunch of them and then puked and it was NASTY. I'm more careful with the crickets now! And also bought a new Cricket keeper with tubes... the crickets hide in the tubes and you can just pull the tubes out and shake them and out come the crickets! Great invention...
Aimee

cadillac

Original Poster
GREAT SOUNDS LIKE THE WAY TO GO FOR ME !!!
Ok new ? how many worms should i feed a Baby about 6 to 8 inch long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom