what is the best sand to use as a substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumpkinpatch3

I'm planning on using sand in my enclosure, but I'm not quite sure which sand is safe to use, I currently picked up Pavestone Play Sand from Home Depot, but am hesitant about the silica label on the bottom end. I have been looking around on the net but have found myself more confused than when I started my search. I am open to any suggestions! Thanks in advance!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Personally I don't think any sand is safe due to not just impaction but the fact that it harbors the bacteria from their poop in return end up with parasites...can be costly as well. But if you must use sand then washed playsand would be the safest of sands.

dociledragons

Juvie Member
I don't use sand, just as a precaution. I've heard to many bad things about it. I would suggest indoor/outdoor turf or tiles are common. I have a custom cage with wood but, a plastic lining so the wood can't harbor bacteria.

AussieOutlaw

Hatchling Member
easy by tiles not ceramic or anthing and have spare to put in when you are washing the others or get 2 repti carpet and interchange them when its time to clean. its teh recomended and easiest option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom