what is coming out of her vent???

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

I woke up this morning and she was in her laying box. Didn't see her digging or anything, but as soon as she saw me she hopped out. I haven't handled her or anything since I noticed this: http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/carmstewart/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141228_130345_zps69b39029.jpg.html

Sorry for the bad picture. It's a sort of white color. There is a poop with urate in her tank, so I don't think it's another poop/urate.

I made a post last night about suspecting she nay be gravid:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=213294

What should I do?? What is this? Should I leave her alone as she seems bothered by me? Should I give her a bath? Should I check the lay box for eggs? She seems to want to pass it. When I lifted her tail initially I could see she was trying to push it out.
I'll try to get a better picture of it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....can you post more pics ? I can't see anything , it must be blending in with the log she is sitting on.

oatmeal

Original Poster
So she just now passed it. I scooped it up and rinsed it off as best I could. It's hard to tell in the photos but they almost feel like hard sausage links:
http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/carmstewart/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141228_135635_zpse2e0ba0c.jpg.html

She is still digging around her enclosure. When she passed it a small amount of fluid came out with it. If you ever had to dissect an eyeball in science class, that is sort of what it feels like. They have what looks like red 'veining' in some spots.

EDIT: Thanks for the reply! And sorry about the bad photos. I was just nervous when I saw what was happening and didn't want to freak her out too much

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hmmm, just a strange looking bowel movement. What has she been eating ? As long as she's digging just let her continue.

oatmeal

Original Poster
AHBD":2hbkgoc9 said:
Hmmm, just a strange looking bowel movement. What has she been eating ? As long as she's digging just let her continue.

Yeah it's very strange. I was poking it (with a plastic fork) and squished one of the nodules and a bunch of grey stuff came out :?
She eats superworms (approx 2 daily) occasional horn worms, crickets a few times a week (as many as she will eat in a sitting), and gets the occasional butter or wax worm snack every week or so. The past week or 2 she has not been eating her salad well at all (she'll maybe have a bite or two when I first put it in her enclosure).
This thing doesn't look like undigested bugs though. Very strange.

Thanks for the input! I'll keep an eye on her today. I have a nice digging area set up in a private corner of her viv, so we will see what she does. She is still glass surfing/digging.

oatmeal

Original Poster
I figured out what it was! It was a very bloated superworm :S:S
Any suggestions on what to do? She has settled down a bit since passing it; still alert, basking, and appears happy.
She has been having normal bowel movements this entire time. Would a probiotic help...?

EDIT: She is still digging in the warm area of her tank, and the lumps under her belly remains. Sigh. She had a bath tonight. I'll give her another one tomorrow.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If she is gravid that may affect her eating some. The superworm wasn't digested though?
A probiotic wouldn't hurt at all if you have one.
It does like she may have eggs so be sure she gets plenty of calcium & if she starts digging then she is trying to make a burrow.
I hope she slept well. Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

oatmeal

Original Poster
Drache613":3gevge46 said:
Hello,

If she is gravid that may affect her eating some. The superworm wasn't digested though?
A probiotic wouldn't hurt at all if you have one.
It does like she may have eggs so be sure she gets plenty of calcium & if she starts digging then she is trying to make a burrow.
I hope she slept well. Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Yeah now I'm confused! That picture I posted of the thing that she passed: I'm pretty sure it was a super worm (although bloated from being in her system for a long time). Again though, she has been having good, formed bowel movements this entire time. Weird. I offered her salad today (no bugs) but she didn't touch it. She has been digging around a lot today. After she passed the worm I checked her belly again for lumps and it was the same (lumpy in the lower abdominal area).
I'm very skeptical about eggs due to her age though. Is there an age where female bearded will stop producing eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom