What is brumation????

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike911

Sorry but was int he beardie ER and my beardo has been ill but now seems better. Anyways saw someone post that they do this once a year and lasts 3 weeks - 3 months. I have had mine almost 2 years and I don't think he has ever done it or nothing has changed. The most that has changed was his breathing and eating when I came home but he went to the vet got on antibiotics and he ate 6 mealworms tonight as he wasn't quite strong enough to catch the crickets oh and green leaf lettuce he has been eating along with the calcium substrate the vet gave him however I disagree that he is calcium defficiant since he did fall and it was only one leg that was a little inflamed and the reason why his color was so bad at the vet was because they told me they would put him in a tank and left him in the box I took him in with only a heating pad and no lights. If I was a beardie my color would of gone bad too. His color his fine now and and changed when he got back into his tank. Anyways I wonder if the brumation thing could have anything to do with how he was when I got back from vacation. here our tems go from -15 to +60 in a matter of days so we get really cold winter days and really warm winter days and while I was gone it got really cold reason for the respiratory infection because the people watching our home turned the heat way down and he got too cold at night. Anyways any info would be helpfull. Thanks!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, somehow I missed your other posts about the vet visit. So, your beardie was put on antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection? What antibiotic was used and are you still giving it? Did the vet recommend a probiotic to help restore the good gut flora that the antibiotics destroy? Are you bathing him frequently and giving oral fluids since antibiotics dry their systems out?

How are your tank temps now? Did you get some form of heat to use in his tank at night?

Let's try to cover some other things before we get into the brumation discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom