What if dragon ate mold ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have previously posted in here about my beardie with bent tell and not eating. She has been to vet 3 times that I explained in previous post. I was wondering if she could have stopped eating because the superworms were moldy. It seemed to start after she had been eating them. I actually thought there was a correlation and got different worms from pet store. Today I go to look at the container that the worms was in and it is full of mold. She has not ate out of this for awhile now. I'm going to throw all of those out. But what if that is why she is not eating and acting sick? Can they get mold toxitcy? She goes back to vet on the 9th. There is no improvement in her and I even thought maybe she was brumating but when I called the vet they said they usually do not brumate under a year old . I'm freaking out because of the mold and what if that is it. I really thought she would be better by now.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's highly unlikely to cause a problem since it was short term. If you Google " eating mold make bearded dragon sick " you'll get at least 4-5 threads from this forum on that topic.

Still, you DO want your superworm bin to be free of mold. Don't put a lid because they need lots of ventilation and they can't crawl out of a 6-7" tall container. Also. don't keep a lot of wet fruit or veg. in with them. I keep my supers in a large sweater box [ I get 500-1,000 worms at a time ] I put in a box of oatmeal and a piece of potato , carrot and sweet potato . Can you post a pic of your container ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom