What does it mean when a baby Bearded Dragon puffs up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My baby Bearded Dragon just did this his belly looked like a flat pancake and his beard was showing but he wasn't showing any signs of aggression as I've seen other Beardies who do this. He was just looking around chilling out with his beard like hes trying to show off. He also sometimes does it when I finish feeding him. Does this mean hes settling in his environment or is he trying to digest his food quicker or totally something else?

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
If the dragon isn't showing any signs of aggression then this is just because he is just warming up. When I get my Nim up he crawls to his basking rock and spreads out his entire body. He also gets extremely dark. This is so he can absorb heat faster. Once he is warm his body goes back to normal. I usually don't see the body flattening with beard puffing but I guess it could happen. When Nim puffs out his beard his body/torso puffs up like a balloon. LOL, it is hilarious! :D He hasn't shown any bit of aggression when he does this. What I think he is doing is just making sure the skin stays loose. He usually does right when he gets up, I guess like stretching the legs. Hope this helps, and remember, this is just what I have observed from my Nim. :D

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
Mine does that too! He will completely puff out like a balloon with his body,then have his beard out too. He looks like he trying to scratch the inside of his mouth :lol: Never did think why he did it.. :lol:

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Seeing my Norbert do this is my favorite time of day! His "beardie balloon" is so adorable, I take a new picture every time I catch it. I also love the beard puffies and the mouth stretchies!!! lol The mornings are always filled with cuteness. :love5:

Ozzy has just started doing this the past few days. S/he looks like a little lizard balloon it's so funny :mrgreen: S/he just sits there... All puffed up chillin' like a villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom