What does a half black beard mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this face mean? My bd Drogon does this a lot, and I don't know if it's stress related (we're currently on antibiotics for a possible internal infection, and flagyl for pinworms and protozoa), or if Drogon is expressing an emotion this way? Drogon has had health issues since me rescuing him(?) From petsmart, we're doing all we can, I've got proper heat and lighting (see previous posts), however, Drogon is not able to climb anything right now because of dragging both back legs the vet wants Drogon strictly on flat surfaces until we know what's wrong. Is Drogon sad because he can't climb and bask up high like normal beardies? Maybe this post should be under the health forum, it kind of got away from me...
103691-664018030.jpg

advannoy13

Original Poster
I love my baby SO much! Drogon is my 1st BD, I've done a TON of research, but feel like I still have a ton to learn, I've invested many, many hours and time researching, reading, and learning about beardies, but still Drogon confuses the crap out of me... every day. I just want Drogon to be happy! Can Drogon be happy with health issues like this? I'm so very confused and maybe I'm overthinking everything, I don't even KNOW another person who has a beardie I can talk to so I feel like I'm just kind of going in circles sometimes. The vet can't even give me a definitive answer as to Drogon's health. It makes me feel so hopeless sometimes.... here's Drogon in his Zen. I am sad I can't put in any hammocks, rocks, or wood, but I feel like I need to follow the vet's recommendations, because, I AM NOT a Veterinarian, and dr. always knows best.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks content in that photo. It looks like he's just darkening a bit to bask and absorb light. When they're mad, their beards go REALLY black. You'll know it when you see it. It makes a huge color contrast. They usually act agitated and jumpy when they're upset and if it's illness they can show the same black beard but tend to be pretty lethargic and hide. It doesn't look like that's the case at all based on that photo.

advannoy13

Original Poster
CooperDragon":21wvm6vq said:
He looks content in that photo. It looks like he's just darkening a bit to bask and absorb light. When they're mad, their beards go REALLY black. You'll know it when you see it. It makes a huge color contrast. They usually act agitated and jumpy when they're upset and if it's illness they can show the same black beard but tend to be pretty lethargic and hide. It doesn't look like that's the case at all based on that photo.

Thank you Cooper, I think sometimes I don't really remember or think about how chill their nature is because I've never had one before Drogon, I maybe expect WAY too much out of him and just need to get used to him just hanging out most of the time. Drogon is NOT a cat or dog, lol, I just need to remember and fully understand how different he is from a dog or cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom