What do you think? I Believe this is a sperm plug?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DengekiXena

Hello, today when I took my beardy (Igneel <3) out to play I noticed something protruding from his vent. At first, I panicked thinking it was a hemipenes prolapse but after further examination, it looks as if it's a sperm plug. I gave him a warm bath for 20 min and the protruding object became softer but is still stiff. He is acting completely normal and is enjoying running around my room now, I keep him on tile in his enclosure and he pooped two days ago. What do you think?
90540-5528947781.jpg
90540-9965522489.jpg
90540-1696894951.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....yes that is a sperm plug. You don't really have to worry about it, it will probably fall off as he rubs it against things in his tank. Otherwise you can just give a daily warm bath and rock it gently back + forth until it comes out. You were right about what it is though, and he'll be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom