What do they like to eat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a Bearded Dragon I got about Two to three weeks ago and I don't know what they like to eat so far I feed him crickets, mealworms, spinach and, some mango's but I don't know what else I should feed him I have had lizards before but not a Bearded Dragon I know a little bit about them but not a lot my friend who has had one before said that when they get old enough you can feed them small fish but I don't know for sure if someone can help me I would very much like that

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, welcome to the forum. Here's a list that shows the best foods to feed them: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html You;ll want to stick with the foods in green print as those are the healthiest and best daily foods. Anything in black print is ok to feed occasionally. Spinach is listed in yellow print so I would stay away from that as well as the other items in yellow and red print.

Mealworms actually have no nutritional value and are an impaction risk due to their hard chitin shell. Crickets are good as well as repti-worms, silkworms, hornworms, butter worms, dubia roaches.

Hope that helps and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

azteacher

My rescue has been fed superworms and romaine lettuce exclusively for 2 years... I know both have little nutritional value (romaine worse than superworms). I am going to ween him off of those and eventually get him on a healthier diet. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom