What do i do

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Toothless didn't really eat yesterday-- a few crickets and supers. The day before, nothing. And he hasn't touched his salad in two or three days, *maybe* a single leaf or two. But will eat worms just fine. But won't even really eat roaches, and he loves roaches.

Nova only ate a few crickets this morning, will eat her supers and is still eating her salad okay but now it's 6pm and she doesn't want any crickets. She's always hungry for dinner but she turned her nose up to it.

Could they just be not interested in crickets anymore.? What can I do to get him to eat his salad again.? He's usually so good about eating 90% of it and I'm getting worried.

Also, Nova hasn't pooped at all today. Not even once which is also concerning because her poops are the size of a housecat.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Toothless didn't really eat yesterday-- a few crickets and supers. The day before, nothing. And he hasn't touched his salad in two or three days, *maybe* a single leaf or two. But will eat worms just fine. But won't even really eat roaches, and he loves roaches.

Nova only ate a few crickets this morning, will eat her supers and is still eating her salad okay but now it's 6pm and she doesn't want any crickets. She's always hungry for dinner but she turned her nose up to it.

Could they just be not interested in crickets anymore.? What can I do to get him to eat his salad again.? He's usually so good about eating 90% of it and I'm getting worried.

Also, Nova hasn't pooped at all today. Not even once which is also concerning because her poops are the size of a housecat.
Relax - if all your lighting is good along w/ surface basking temps then they should be fine- dragons appetites slow down in the winter - and Nova not pooping is fine as well - she will go when he needs to

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Relax - if all your lighting is good along w/ surface basking temps then they should be fine- dragons appetites slow down in the winter - and Nova not pooping is fine as well - she will go when he needs to
Toothless' surface temps don't go above 106 at the most, 98 at the least. The air itself reads about 100. Novas stays around 100, both air and surface. It's stressing me out that it seems they've done a complete 180 on everything.😨

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Toothless' surface temps don't go above 106 at the most, 98 at the least. The air itself reads about 100. Novas stays around 100, both air and surface. It's stressing me out that it seems they've done a complete 180 on everything.😨
Don't worry - they will be fine - follow their lead- offer food and keep the hydrated

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
have you tried adding the juice like xp29 always suggests to people? worth a shot anyway. baths don't hydrate them unless they actually drink from the water.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Add some none citrus juice to give it flavor. Be sure to use a wet paper towel or wet wash cloth to wipe away any that runs down their beard no need in taking a chance of starting a fungal or bacterial problem in tbeir scales.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
have you tried adding the juice like xp29 always suggests to people? worth a shot anyway. baths don't hydrate them unless they actually drink from the water.
You are correct it's a myth that they will soak it in through their skin or vent. Imho that is one of the worst pieces of misinformation floating around.

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
It might be the weather, it might be the temper, it might be age, it might be literally nothing, beardies (and a lot of other reptiles) just lose interest in food sometimes. Like everyone said just make sure the uvb and temperature are correct, drop some water on the snout to hydrate them and keep offering food. I know firsthand how that can be stressful when they do that for the first time. But just let them tell you how they’re feeling, watch for other signs of discomfort. As they get older they’ll skip a poop for days, weeks even.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
How long do you do that for? Mine don't drink right away then they will start - I keep dropping water on them till they stop or move away
I'll do it for a few minutes and he just stares at me as it rolls down his face. He's drank from a dropper once but that was it. After an entire syringe, I stop because he just won't drink.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Add some none citrus juice to give it flavor. Be sure to use a wet paper towel or wet wash cloth to wipe away any that runs down their beard no need in taking a chance of starting a fungal or bacterial problem in tbeir scales.
Non citrus like watermelon juice or something.?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom