What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylankw

OK so I just placed an order for new crickets, They should be here like tomorrow. In the mean time my mom brought home some super worms. I know that my girl isn't quite big enough to get superworms, but I had heard of people giving baby supers to younger dragons so I figure as long as she is biting them into small enough pieces then she should be fine, so I closely monitored feeding and made sure she broke them in half then ate them. However, after 2 days of superworms she had not pooped. I worry A LOT so I did some research, gave her a bath, and got her to poop this morning. There was visible chitin in her poo and I am really worried that she is having a hard time digesting the supers. I don't have any other live feeders, I had a few left over undersized crickets that I gave her today after she pooped but that was the last of them. Which is worse, giving her supers, or having her go a day without live feeders? I am scared to give her anymore supers, but I don't want to cause her problems if skipping a day of protein will do that.

Background info:
11 inches long (27.5 cm)
I estimate her to be about 15 weeks old, but I am not sure because I can only guess how old she was when I got her.
She recently has been eating about 30 half inch crickets twice a day. As well as about a tablespoon or so of a mixture of collard greens, carrots, zucchini, and yellow squash.

Gail

BD.org Addict
She is pretty little for supers, I would look for any fresh shed ones (they will be white), they are soft and easier to digest. If you can't find any then only use the smallest you can find, no more then 5 a day and not all at once. You could always use chicken baby food for protein too.

dylankw

Original Poster
Thanks. Like I said its just until my new order comes in. I have 2000 crickets coming. So I will look for some fresh shed ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom