what disinfectant kills yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcorey1

I just unfortunately had to put my bearded dragon to sleep due to a 4 year battle with yellow fungus :cry: . I am disinfecting EVERYTHING and tossing what was in her enclosure..the only thing I have on hand is bleach, I'm just curious if that will kill the possible left behind yellow fungus spores? Does anybody know what will kill/properly disinfect yellow fungus from a glass terrarium. Thanks in advance.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Bleach kills everything. Nothing is known to be able to survive concentrated bleach. I wouldn't recommend dowsing everything in undiluted bleach, but a small dilution soak would probably be able to take care of the fungus.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
randommonks":ih2iv403 said:
Bleach kills everything. Nothing is known to be able to survive concentrated bleach. I wouldn't recommend dowsing everything in undiluted bleach, but a small dilution soak would probably be able to take care of the fungus.

Bleach doesn't kill Coccidia however, only Ammonia will clean Coccidia.. but don't ever mix bleach and ammonia together!!! EVER!

Gail

BD.org Addict
I wonder if a fungicide made for gardening would work in a glass tank? It would be worth a try and you could wash the residue out with straight vinegar then let dry in the really hot sun for a couple days.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
lauraj1055":3svrbkw6 said:
Bleach doesn't kill Coccidia however, only Ammonia will clean Coccidia.. but don't ever mix bleach and ammonia together!!! EVER!

Huh I didn't know that. Any reason why (that bleach doesn't kill coccidia)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom