What did Ozzy just pull out his nostril?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortie

I had Ozzy out his viv and he was sitting next to me, his nostril was shedding so he's been scratching at it quite a bit. After a wee while he manages to pull this out his nose! What the hell is this?! Is this normal nose shed or a giant booger?! :shock:

SAM_0563.jpg

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
The shape and everything looks like a normal "beardie nose plug" as I call them. I have never had mine have one that is yellowish like yours is though. Not sure if it would vary by beardie or what. But that is definitely what comes out of their nose when they are shedding.

Shortie

Original Poster
I nearly had a heart attack when he pulled that out! I nearly cried lol! I thought he's just pulled something out a massive bogey! Or an internal organ! Could they breathe out their nose when they shed there? I haven't had him for that long so this is quite new for me lol

Shortie

Original Poster
as for the yellowness, Ozzy's quite a bright yellow color, dunno what morph that would be... Sandfire? Sunburst? Uch I dunno lol! I'll research it!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
LOL, nope, no internal organs pulled out! :mrgreen:
I think their breathing is definitely changed when those are stuck in there like that. One of my beardies, he definitely breathes differently when he has one. You can see him kind of act like he is blowing his nose, it is pretty cute.

Shortie

Original Poster
Well thank god for that! I didn't notice Ozzy's breathing change, I did notice that his nostril turned pink before it turned grey and that he was rubbing it against his rock and even on me!! Must've been irritating him for a good week and a half the poor boy! Lol I can imagine a bearidie pulling out a kleenex out of nowhere and blowing his nose!! That's cute :D!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Yes, that is a classic looking nose plug! :D
The yellowish color is just sometimes caused by it drying out a little bit. They usually can't breathe real well when they are in the nose area, no. Poor things!

Tracie

Shortie

Original Poster
Hello :D

At least I know there's nothing wrong with him now lol! My poor boy! Nose nostril looks all nice and he's all happy now that he's stopped scratching and he's toasting his bum lol! :D

Thanks for that Jiffy and Drache :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, I am sure that he is happy to have the nose plug out of his nostril! He has to be breathing better now. :D

Tracie

Shortie

Original Poster
That's the other nostril and his lip turining pink now, he's gonna pull another one out in a week or two! At least her got rid of one for now! He's using his hand to scratch his face! It looks like he's facepalming!!!!! Bath time for him I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom