What Crickets to feed a 3-Month-old Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3-Month-old beardie, Gary is doing fine but, he has been eating small crickets for 2 months now. I'm wondering, should I switch to another size or keep it at small. Also, I feed him about 30 small crickets each day at 4:45. Am I doing anything wrong?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd stick with small crickets for now. Keep them the size of the space between his eyes for a couple more months. I usually ordered 1/2'' crickets which are pretty small and gave them a few weeks of lifetime as they grow. 30 crickets is a decent amount but at his age I'd offer two meals if your schedule permits it. Offer all he wants for about 10 minutes a couple of times per day. His appetite will vary quite a bit so I'd focus on offering what he wants in those windows rather than a set number.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
1/3 size crickets (12 - 15mm long) are about right for a 3 month old hatchling beardie. He'll likely gobble down 20 a day of this size (in 2 or 3 live feedings).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom