What Color Is Alex... new pics on page 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Vary pretty. Looks like the lip thing was a injury from the pic. Not sure about the color morph looks like a citrus but i'm not up on all the different morphs

TJinPgh

Original Poster
Ahhh, I didn't see the boot post before it was removed so I had no clue what you were talking about.

Thanks to the mods for removing it, whatever it was.

I had thought about the lip thing being an injury as well, but wasn't sure. He doesn't seem to let it bother him much. He ate a hand full of crickets and over two bowls of greens yesterday along with a couple of supers I had left from Gertrude's supply!

He didn't eat much of anything today, but he was probably still stuffed from yesterday, lol.

I'll change the title of the thread, maybe somebody can tell me what color morph he is.

TJinPgh

Original Poster
Pretty good, I think. Just got back from the vet a couple of hours ago.

He weighs in at 285g. Small for his age, I thought. Though, apparently not all that under weight, in her opinion?

Alex last went to the bathroom on Wednesday. I saved that sample in case he didn't provide another. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your perspective), he was more than willing to provide one while the vet was examining him, lol. Guess he didn't like having his tummy squeezed.

His waste smells really bad, so, I figured that we were looking at a parasite situation. Especially since he'd never been to a vet. They did a preliminary check, in house, which somehow came up clean. They're sending the sample out for a more thorough analysis, though. So, I should have more info in a couple of days. If it's not parasites I'm not sure what could be causing the odor.

Regarding the offset on his mouth. She said that it could have been the result of a lack of calcium at some point. While she thought his weight was ok, she did think he was somewhat small for an estimated 11-12 month old. So, a lack of calcium may have been the cause. She said there were no signs of MBD at the moment, though. His jaw bones were nice and solid and no other visible symptoms were present. She asked me if I was using a calcium supplement. I told her that I was dusting his crickets every couple of days with powder and spraying his greens with the liquid variety daily.

All in all, she seemed to think he was fairly healthy. He's not as ravenous as he was at first, but he's still eating so that's good. Doesn't like squash at all. Only eats the greens from his salad, along with the beardie bites. I'm going to try an assortment of greens to see how he does on something other than collards.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
He may be a little small. If there was a lack of calcium his growth would have been stunted to I would think. Sometimes a change in diet can cause the poo to get pretty smelly to. I mix collards, mustards and turnip greens mine wont do squash either but will green beans. Happy to hear it went well for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom